Enter next booking

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to Money Manager Ex

Moderator: Renato

Renato
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Enter next booking

Post by Renato »

I would appreciate it if after entering a booking, the entry screen cleared and I could immediately enter the next booking.
MMEX10.png
MMEX10.png (42.16 KiB) Viewed 352 times
regards Renato use MMEX since 2009
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Enter next booking

Post by Nikolay »

Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Great, thanks for the excellent service, have already tested with it.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I am waining a feedback.
We need to think about whether to add such options:
1) Add a parameter to the settings so that you can select the old or new type of behavior.
2) You can hold down the Shift key to get one or another way to enter the transaction (it will not be an obvious option).
3) You can show the total in All Transactions as a result of the input.
etc
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Hello Nikolay

These questions can be asked for any change.
Surely there are features that can be put up for discussion, but until now it was so that the developers of MMEX, applications have reviewed and if you were useful also implemented.
Of course we could present all changes to the users and let them vote, but from my point of view this would be very time-consuming and would also limit the progress too much.

But, maybe other users can comment on this problem. I am curious to see how many reactions will be received here in the forum.

I wish you a lot of fun with programming.

By the way, I find the solution implemented by you very good, because that facilitates the capture of several booking very much.
whall3y
Super MMEX User

Post by whall3y »

Personally, I think it would be better to support an "OK & ADD MORE" button alongside "OK" and "CANCEL". That way if you want to add just one transaction you can continue to use OK, rather than the cumbersome OK and then CANCEL.
dbolton
MVP MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

I agree with whall3y that adding an extra button rather than adding a buried preference that many users wouldn't see.

Alternatively, Inline editing (spreadsheet-style) would bypass this question and offer a speed and simplicity advantage for the user:
  • Fewer clicks: single click to edit. No clicks needed to finish editing (just click on whatever you want to do next).
  • New transactions always available as a single blank row at the bottom. If you choose not to add another entry there is no need to cancel (just click on whatever you want to do next).
  • Draws on the the experience users have with spreadsheets: tab to go to the next column, enter to go to the next row.
  • Less disorienting for new users. You click on the data you want to edit, rather than double click on the data and search for the data in a new window with a completely different layout (and even a different order in some cases).
Of course, the disadvantage of this method is it requires building something completely new in the software rather than changing the behavior of one or two buttons. We would also need to work through what to do with the few items in New/Edit Transaction window that aren't in the transaction view. Here's some ideas.
  • Add an attachment column that shows a paperclip if the transaction has an attachment
  • Maybe move the transaction colors into the right-click context menu.
  • All custom fields should be available through the view/hide custom columns.
MartinArmstrong
Super MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

I didn't realise that there was a discussion going on here, so I added a comment on the feature request in github with a proposal about how it should work. See https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... -831158242
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Sometimes it is a bit difficult to follow the discussions / error messages / ..... because there are at least four possibilities:
a) the forum
b) on Github
c) on Slack
d) by mail
Wouldn't it be better to agree on one of the options, we would all save some time.

@MartinAmstrong
I would be for deleting all fields in the input mask, the defaults can be defined in the settings after all.
MMEX12.png
MMEX12.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 309 times
MartinArmstrong
Super MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

@Renato
I would be for deleting all fields in the input mask, the defaults can be defined in the settings after all.

Good point. 'MMEX Options | Others | New Transaction Dialog Settings' is a part of MMEX that I had forgotten about.