Stocks and Investments feature is very limited

12 posts
Stocks and Investments feature is very limited

leighthompson
New MMEX User

Hi,

I have used Microsoft Money for years and now it does not work with Windows 10 so I am trying to find a replacement money manager. MoneyManager EX would easily be the best if it were not for its extremely limited stocks and investments feature.

Please would you look into giving this software all the Microsoft Money features such as:_

1)An action button on a particular stock that allows me to:-
Buy a stock
Buy more shares of an existing stock (and show the cumulative total owned and the average price paid and overall profit on the stock
Sell a stock
Sell more shares of an existing stock (and show the cumulative total owned and the average price paid and overall profit on the stock
Add a cash feature for a portfolio allowing me to record dividends paid, money raised and held in the stock account from selling stocks, cash left over from buying stocks
I should be able to transfer cash to/from a bank account to the cash portion of a stock account
Option for dividend reinvestment to be recorded and added to my total holding of each stock

The ability to see my whole portfolio is essential for each stock account eg: Columns showing Stock name, Total number of shares held, Total cost of shares, Average cost per share (to average out different purchases of the same stock at different times), Current Value, Total Dividends recieved, Total amount reinvested (from dividends, thus lowering average stock cost)

The ability to click on an individual stock name (with associated totals of shares held, average price, total gain etc) and expand the list to show each individual transaction in that stock ie each purchase, sale, dividend paid, at different dates.

Please look into these features - they would really make this the best personal finance software around now that millions of users of Microsoft Money will no longer be able to use it any more with Windows 10.

Thank-you
Re: Stocks and Investments feature is very limited

gianni5252
New MMEX User

I agree with what he says leighthompso about the extent of the Investments section. I also come from the experience of Microsoft Money and in fact what you could do with that program is not possible, at present, do not MMX. I noticed that there is not even the possibility of selling a title Equities either partially or totally. Example: If I have 2000 shares in a company and want to sell all 500 or 2000 as I insert the operation? The menu of investments consists of: New, Edit, Delete. Thanks to those who will help me understand

mike88
New MMEX User

leighthompson wrote:Hi,

I have used Microsoft Money for years and now it does not work with Windows 10 so I am trying to find a replacement money manager. MoneyManager EX would easily be the best if it were not for its extremely limited stocks and investments feature.

Please would you look into giving this software all the Microsoft Money features such as:_

Buy a stock
Buy more shares of an existing stock (and show the cumulative total owned and the average price paid and overall profit on the stock
Sell a stock
Sell more shares of an existing stock (and show the cumulative total owned and the average price paid and overall profit on the stock
Add a cash feature for a portfolio allowing me to record dividends paid, money raised and held in the stock account from selling stocks, cash left over from buying stocks
I should be able to transfer cash to/from a bank account to the cash portion of a stock account
Option for dividend reinvestment to be recorded and added to my total holding of each stock

The ability to see my whole portfolio is essential for each stock account eg: Columns showing Stock name, Total number of shares held, Total cost of shares, Average cost per share (to average out different purchases of the same stock at different times), Current Value, Total Dividends recieved, Total amount reinvested (from dividends, thus lowering average stock cost)

The ability to click on an individual stock name (with associated totals of shares held, average price, total gain etc) and expand the list to show each individual transaction in that stock ie each purchase, sale, dividend paid, at different dates.

Please look into these features - they would really make this the best personal finance software around now that millions of users of Microsoft Money will no longer be able to use it any more with Windows 10.

Thank-you

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

mike88 wrote:
leighthompson wrote:Hi,

Buy a stock
Sell a stock

Thank-you
Just "+1" is enought.   

dariottolo
New MMEX User

A +1 for me too

kolmo7
New MMEX User

+1 too :) :) :)    

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

+1 me too ))
MisterY
Super MMEX User

In that case, guys, I would wholeheartedly recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1mBqKvIyU

Hope you get inspired and start coding. :)

perjury
New MMEX User

+1 from me too
MisterY
Super MMEX User

This has been on the radar for a while:

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... issues/336