Reconciling Transfer transactions

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to Money Manager Ex
keithrj
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Reconciling Transfer transactions

Post by keithrj »

Please provide the ability to independently reconcile "from" and "to" accounts for transfer transactions.

This feature has been requested a number of times before and nothing has been done in about 3 years. This is most important as no transaction should be automatically marked as reconciled. Each side of the transaction should be reconciled independently.

Many thanks

reachalex
New MMEX User

Re: Reconciling Transfer transactions

Post by reachalex »

I agree!

TimBUK
New MMEX User

Post by TimBUK »

Me too - I thought that using the 1.4 Beta fixed it - but seems not.

Pugwash59
New MMEX User

Post by Pugwash59 »

I agree also. In theory, it shouldn't be necessary, but I don't completely trust the banks!

garyc57
New MMEX User

Post by garyc57 »

I don't think this is currently possble. Looking at the data in the tables, it appears that for all transactions - including transfers - there is only a single record in the CheckingAccount_V1 table. When you set the transaction as "reconciled", that Status appears for both the "from" account and the "to" account.

Sorry for the bad news.

siowena
MVP MMEX User

Post by siowena »

keithrj wrote:Please provide the ability to independently reconcile "from" and "to" accounts for transfer transactions.

This feature has been requested a number of times before and nothing has been done in about 3 years. This is most important as no transaction should be automatically marked as reconciled. Each side of the transaction should be reconciled independently.

Many thanks
This is a feature in the next release (I've seen it in the pre-releases) but I have no idea on when it'll actually be a formal release