System requirements for Mac versions

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

eleanorb
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: System requirements for Mac versions

Post by eleanorb »

Thanks, Pat, for your answer, or at least expectation.  (I still don't know why the two most current releases don't work for me…)  I guess you have no idea when this new version will be ready, but still, it is nice to hear from someone connected to the Mac development.  
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

I just added a build of the most recent version (v1.2.1) on github that should work with 10.8. The download link is below:

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/moneymanagerex/releases/download/v1.2.1/mmex-v1.2.1-macosx10.8.dmg

Please let me know if it works for you.

Pat
eleanorb
Senior MMEX User

Post by eleanorb »

The 121 version, after using Ctl to bypass the unidentified developer error, did not open but produced the attached error screen.  
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 9.19.32 PM.png
(160.04 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

Could you paste the entire text of the "Problem Details and System Configuration " box from that screenshot?

I don't have a Mac with 10.8 so it is hard for me to debug issues. Thanks!
eleanorb
Senior MMEX User

Post by eleanorb »

I'm attaching the full error report.
Attachments
MMEX-error.rtf
(30.82 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
sterling
Super MMEX User

Post by sterling »

eleanorb wrote:Thanks.  I held down control key and clicked open.  I got a popup warning me, but I overrode it.  Then I got the attached error report — still couldn't open the app.    Why is there no response here — for a month — from the management?!
What management? This is an open source app written by people in their spare time and not as a job. The app is free apart from donations.
eleanorb
Senior MMEX User

Post by eleanorb »

sterling wrote:
eleanorb wrote:Thanks.  I held down control key and clicked open.  I got a popup warning me, but I overrode it.  Then I got the attached error report — still couldn't open the app.    Why is there no response here — for a month — from the management?!
What management? This is an open source app written by people in their spare time and not as a job. The app is free apart from donations.
Well, I'm glad that occasionally people "in their spare time and not as a job" who work on Macs occasionally post here!