attachment folder not working in windows 10 64bit

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

sweetman
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

attachment folder not working in windows 10 64bit

Post by sweetman »

hi all,
I'm using MMEX 1.2.4 and it seems that attachment aren't working right.
I have set attachment folder as %USERPROFILE%conti\allegati\ but attachment are actually saved in %USERPROFILE%conti\allegati\Transaction.
Is this a bug or can I solve this in another way?
TIA
tony
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: attachment folder not working in windows 10 64bit

Post by GabrieleV »

Ciao,
this is the correct behavior, in fact a subfolder is created for each type of attachment.

Currently you are using only Transaction attachments, but if you add an attachment to a Bank Account or to a Payee or to a stock, it will create also BankAccount, Payee and Stock folder.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
sweetman
New MMEX User

Post by sweetman »

Thanks Gabriele,
My problem is related to the communication between the webapp and the MMEX destop version.
Transactions work as expected, but I have problems with attachments.
If I create a new transaction in the webapp and I upload an attachment, it will be uploaded in the "attachments" folder.
But when open MMEX on desktop and import the online transactions I can't get attachment to work.
In the attachment dialog box I see the path as transaction/transaction_utyweuityu_12.jpg
But when I try to view the attached file I get an error (file not found).

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks agin.

tony
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Hi,
in WebApp it's correct that there isn't "Transaction" subfolder, because you can attach files only to transactions, so division isn't needed.

During import, MMEX desktop moves attachment to the right folder for desktop.

Seems that there are some other problems. I'll test it because personally I've developed it and it was working, but I currently don't use it so often.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Tested with MMEX at latest master branch and 1.2.4 but it's working fine in both cases..

Could you try, when transaction import opens, to right click it and choose "Open Attachment"? Does it work?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
sweetman
New MMEX User

Post by sweetman »

GabrieleV wrote:Tested with MMEX at latest master branch and 1.2.4 but it's working fine in both cases..

Could you try, when transaction import opens, to right click it and choose "Open Attachment"? Does it work?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
Hi Gabriele,when I try to open the attachment I get this error:Impossibile aprire il file: 'c:\user\myname\desktop\conti\\Transaction\Transaction_3_attach_2.jpg'.
Please note the double slash "\" between "conti" and the file name.My attachment folder in MMEX desktop is set to "%DATABASE%conti" (without ending slash).
I tried with "%DATABASE%conti\" but I get the same error.
This happens with MMEX 1.2.4 64bit portable and the official webapp.

Ciao

Tony
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Post by GabrieleV »

Hi, double slash is not a problem, it's automatically managed by Windows itself.

I mean try to open from import window, the one that will immediately open at startup, right click transaction and choose open attachment.

---------------------------
Ciao,
il doppio slash non è un problema in quanto è gestito da Windows.

Intendevo di provare ad aprire l'allegato cliccando col destro su una transazione da importare, nella finestra che viene visualizzata all'avvio di MMEX quando ci sono nuove transazioni da importare dalla WebApp (quella con sotto i bottoni importa e importa apri tutte, per intenderci..)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5
sweetman
New MMEX User

Post by sweetman »

Hummm, I installed MMEX on another PC and it works. So there is something wrong on the other. Well, good to know that MMEX is working fine.
Ciao e grazie per il supporto.
Tony