Disapearing transactions

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Sandrine
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Disapearing transactions

Post by Sandrine »

Hi everybody,
I use MMex for nearly 1 year. This morning, when i open the programme to fill transactions, i found strange thing. All accounts are visible and i also can see balances of each of them but .... i can't see each writing anymore. I mean that each account is now empty from all yet-written transactions but i can still sea the final amount. It's very disapointing for monday morning.:!: Please help me see all transactions again quickly. Sorry for my poor english. If someone can help me in french, it would be appreciate.
Waiting for your help,
Sandrine
Stalker
New User

Re: Disapearing transactions

Post by Stalker »

Same with me. All transactions gone :shock:
hocko
New User

Post by hocko »

I have exactly the same problem.
When I open MMEX all data seems to be there but every account detail page is blank.
Even when I add a transaction, the Account View page is blank.
I wonder if this has something to do with the date being 29th February?
Sandrine
New User

Post by Sandrine »

hocko wrote:I have exactly the same problem.
When I open MMEX all data seems to be there but every account detail page is blank.
Even when I add a transaction, the Account View page is blank.
I wonder if this has something to do with the date being 29th February?
Oh thanks for your reply. I've tried different things to recover the details of the accounts. i've found a little help; Up the page which should show the details of one account, you can click "show the current year" or else, and details appear for the chose year. It's not the current way i use to do, but it helps. But you're right, maybe tomorrow all will return in order because of the special date today.
Pugwash59
New User

Post by Pugwash59 »

I've found exactly the same thing as Sandrine & Hocko. In addition, when I changed to View Last Twelve Months, I couldn't see any future transactions that had already been entered in the account. I agree that this is almost certainly due to the date being February 29th. We possibly need to review this tomorrow.
hocko
New User

Post by hocko »

Let's hope it is just the 29th.
Thanks for the tip on the view - that works. All of the views work except the VIEW ALL TRANSACTIONS
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.05 KiB) Viewed 5300 times
strongbow
New User

Post by strongbow »

I also hope it's related to the 29th. February.  However, the first report of this problem was posted on 28th. February, so our hopes might be in vain.
Carren
New User

Post by Carren »

strongbow wrote:I also hope it's related to the 29th. February.  However, the first report of this problem was posted on 28th. February, so our hopes might be in vain.
That might be due to timezone differences. I've got the same problem. I've also posted on their facebook page, as have a few others. Hopefully the development team will address this soon.
leekb
New User

Post by leekb »

I am seeing the same problem today MMEX 1.2.5. Hope it is date related and it goes away tomorrow.
advocas
New User

Post by advocas »

I'm seeing the same problem too, I changed the date manually to 28th and it worked correct, I then changed the date to 1st March and it worked correctly so it looks like there is a problem with the 29th
paulius55
New User

Post by paulius55 »

Same problem here but only with the Windows version, the Android version works perfectly
Roger
New User

Post by Roger »

This seems to be due to the leap year causing a problem. I have changed my computer date back to 28th February and also forward to 1st March and in both instances my transactions reappeared.
My advice is to just change your PC calendar date back to 28th February until tomorrow and then change it to 1st March. I know this a temporary fix but it stops the worry that you may have lost all your data because even restoring a backup shows the same problem.:o
bankmanager
New User

Post by bankmanager »

+1 for me.  

Thanks for the View Current Year tip. 
tpd659
New User

Post by tpd659 »

Same problem here, but transactions are successfully displayed if the Date Range in Transaction Filter is set.
acct901
New User

Post by acct901 »

Same problem..... Transactions show if the transaction filter is set for the current account and all dates.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Leap Year Bug
If you used MMEX today (Feb 29 - leap year) you've probably noticed all your transactions are not displaying properly. All the data in the database is safe, it is only an issue with displaying items on the screen. Everything will return to normal tomorrow. You can also reset the date on your computer to yesterday and everything should reappear. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for using MMEX!
mbnorthants
New User

Post by mbnorthants »

I have the same problem of disappearing data too.On opening the program I get an error message: 

wxWidgets Debug Alert

../include/wx/datetime.h(1702): assert "tm.IsValid()" failed in Set(): invalid broken down date/timeCall stack:[00] mmGUIFrame::updateReportNavigation(wxTreeItemId&, wxTreeItemId&) [01] mmGUIFrame::updateNavTreeControl()      [02] mmGUIFrame::SetDatabaseFile(wxString const&, bool) [03] mmGUIFrame::showBeginAppDialog(bool)    [04] mmGUIFrame::mmGUIFrame(mmGUIApp*, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&) [05] OnInitImpl(mmGUIApp*)                   [06] mmGUIApp::OnInit()                      [07] wxApp::CallOnInit()                     [08] wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**)                [09] main                                    [10] start                                   Do you want to stop the program?You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

Stopping the program and reopening it produces the same result, as does hitting Cancel

I have read in another thread someone else with missing data saying that it must be there but not visible as they could successfully export it as a csv file. I have tried this with the same results.

Help!
hocko
New User

Post by hocko »

All is well now that it is 1st March!
Sandrine
New User

Post by Sandrine »

Hi again,
Yes, yesterday's date was the point. Everything"s ok today. Cheers
larrymacuk
New User

Post by larrymacuk »

Still does not show Cash flow forTerm Accounts unless you ask for them in Specific Accounts
larrymacuk
New User

Post by larrymacuk »

Nikolay wrote:Leap Year Bug
If you used MMEX today (Feb 29 - leap year) you've probably noticed all your transactions are not displaying properly. All the data in the database is safe, it is only an issue with displaying items on the screen. Everything will return to normal tomorrow. You can also reset the date on your computer to yesterday and everything should reappear. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for using MMEX!
Still does not show Cash flow forTerm Accounts unless you ask for them in Specific Accounts
strongbow
New User

Post by strongbow »

There are also two problems with the Balance display on the Home Page:  

1) It seems to forget that "Ignore Future Transactions" has been selected in the View menu;  
2) When future transaction are not ignored the balance shown is not correct.  

I first noticed these problems on 29 February.  They are still evident now (2 March).

A workaround for 1) is to select "Ignore Future Transactions", display an account, return to the Home Page.  This needs to be done each time MM EX is started.

As for 2) - as this is not a problem for me I have not attempted a workaround.