Budget Month - Set Date

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

andy002
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Budget Month - Set Date

Post by andy002 »

Hi,

I usually run monthly budgets on my spreadsheet, I'm trying to replicate this in Money Manager EX but I only seem to be able to create a budget from the 1st to the 1st which is no use as I want it change this date to the 24th to 24th,

Is this possible?

Is there a config file somewhere I can change this in as I can't seem to find the option,

Cheers
Mistyk
New MMEX User

Re: Budget Month - Set Date

Post by Mistyk »

andy002 wrote:Hi,

I usually run monthly budgets on my spreadsheet, I'm trying to replicate this in Money Manager EX but I only seem to be able to create a budget from the 1st to the 1st which is no use as I want it change this date to the 24th to 24th,

Is this possible?

Is there a config file somewhere I can change this in as I can't seem to find the option,

Cheers
I also want this feature! 
andy002
New MMEX User

Re: Budget Month - Set Date

Post by andy002 »

Mistyk wrote:
andy002 wrote:Hi,

Is this possible?

Cheers
I also want this feature! 
My way around this was to make budget 'accounts' so basically I have a groceries account at the end of the month my pay goes into my main account and a reoccurring transaction will move the grocery budget into it's own account, then any groceries I have will be paid from this account so I can see how much is left.  If I go over I can top them up with my main account using transfers.  In my real account it is still one account but splitting it up on the program like this has helped me keep much better track of things.

I believe it is called envelope accounting as the idea is you take the money you want to save for something and put it into an envelope then take from that envelope when you want to spend on that certain thing.