Scheduled Transactions

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

timkendal
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Scheduled Transactions

Post by timkendal »

Just started using MMEX - it's wonderful!

Can someone explain how to have Scheduled Transactions posted automatically on the due day. At the moment they are all marked Manual in the list of Scheduled Transactions and if I double click one, there is no option to alter this.

To get them entered, I have to right click then select "Enter Next Occurrence", which is rather cumbersome!

MacOS Mojave

Thanks
timkendal
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Scheduled Transactions

Post by timkendal »

I posted this about a month ago, and have now found the answer which I will share!

When entering a Recurring Transaction, if you want it to be entered automatically on the due date, you have to click TWO boxes

a) "Request user to enter payment on Date Paid"
b) "Grant automatic execute permission for this entry"

The second box is greyed out to start with, but becomes available when you click the first.

When this has been done, and you complete the other details required, and click OK to enter the Recurring Transaction, you will find it is marked "Automated" in the autorepeat column, which is what you want.

As mentioned in my original post, the entry will be marked Manual in the autorepeat column if you do not click both boxes, and the entry will not be posted in the ledger automatically

I hope this helps!

The descriptions for the 2 boxes mentioned above are not very clear!