How to search for an operation?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

bsbg12
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

How to search for an operation?

Post by bsbg12 »

Hello, excuse me for my English I am french. Can we do an operation search by name? thank you
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: How to search for an operation?

Post by Nikolay »

Yes, please.
Most powerfull tool is 'Transaction Report'.
Second option is search field in the bottom of the account view.
toocool
New MMEX User

Post by toocool »

How does the search filter work, at the bottom of the account page ??? It never returns anything...
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

toocool wrote:How does the search filter work, at the bottom of the account page ??? It never returns anything...
Type any string that exist in notes field of some transactions then press Enter or lense ico. If transaction found it will be in focus.
tycariadus
New MMEX User

Post by tycariadus »

toocool wrote:How does the search filter work, at the bottom of the account page ??? It never returns anything...
We really could do with more of a search facility; the search box only works if you enter the exact text from the beginning of the note, then you get a result but if it's the 2nd word or in wrong case then noting, or am I missing something?!
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

tycariadus wrote:
We really could do with more of a search facility; the search box only works if you enter the exact text from the beginning of the note, then you get a result but if it's the 2nd word or in wrong case then noting, or am I missing something?!
You are not missing anything. The search operation in the Android app for Money Manager EX does the type of search you are asking about wherein it can find the text anywhere within the NOTE field no matter what case (upper, lower, or mixed) the text is in. So for these sorts of searches I just use the Android app for Money Manager EX. However if you don't have an Android tablet available you can write yourself a report like the below to accomplish the search

SELECT
a.TRANSDATE,
b.PAYEENAME,
a.TRANSAMOUNT,
a.NOTES,
c.ACCOUNTNAME,
d.CATEGNAME
FROM
CHECKINGACCOUNT_V1 a
JOIN PAYEE_V1 b
ON a.PAYEEID = b.PAYEEID
JOIN ACCOUNTLIST_V1 c
ON a.ACCOUNTID = c.ACCOUNTID
JOIN CATEGORY_V1 d
ON a.categid == d.categid
WHERE b.PAYEENAME like '%mpll%'
OR a.NOTES like '%mpl%'
ORDER by a.TRANSDATE
/* Replace the strings that follows the LIKE operator with your search string' */
/* The string being searched is not case sensitive MPL, mpl and MpL are equivalent */
/* for purposes of the example search above */

The report above searches the register for all occurrences of the string MPL (regardless of case or position) within the PAYEENAME or the NOTES field. The downside is that each time you want to do a new wildcard search you have to edit the SQL query to explicitly specify the text string you are searching for..

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year.