Ubuntu Snap support

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

chaser999
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Ubuntu Snap support

Post by chaser999 »

Has there been any discussion around packaging Money Manager Ex as a Snap? That might make distribution on Linux a lot easier.
I am trying to get the application running on Solus and having a few issues. Using an app distribution format like Snap would make things a lot more accessible.
xdodo49
Senior MMEX User

Re: Ubuntu Snap support

Post by xdodo49 »

Now the snap version is there. I use it on linux Mint 19.
tosim
Senior MMEX User

Solved:Re: Ubuntu Snap support for MMEX

Post by tosim »

xdodo49 wrote:Now the snap version is there. I use it on linux Mint 19.
I've been using mmex since it first came out. However, did a clean install of Mint19.1-MATE, and have had all kinds of problems trying to get mmex installed. Finally resorted to SNAP, and I did get mmex to run. But, as it did not show up anywhere in the apps listing, I used the terminal and got mmex running. Problem is, I tried several different commands, and (shamefully), am not sure which one worked. Would really appreciate your assistance on this; I really need the command to open mmex. Thank you.
Last edited by tosim on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xdodo49
Senior MMEX User

Post by xdodo49 »

On Mint 19 I installed the 'normal' version, but I also tried the 'snap' version that worked me regularly. (I have not investigated any bugs). To start from the menu just add the item with the menu editor and look for a suitable icon (see the other apps to understand how to add the command)
tosim
Senior MMEX User

Solved Re: Ubuntu Snap support

Post by tosim »

xdodo49 wrote:On Mint 19 I installed the 'normal' version, but I also tried the 'snap' version that worked me regularly. (I have not investigated any bugs). To start from the menu just add the item with the menu editor and look for a suitable icon (see the other apps to understand how to add the command)
I just completed a "clean install" of Mint19.1,64b. As I could NOT get mmex to install from any place-only was able to dl v1.40, but it "was not satisfied", so no install. I then dl the snap mmex, installed (supposedly) successfully, but could NOT get it to open. I then uninstalled the snap. I would be happy with v1.33, or even 1.27, but cannot find them. Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-up: I've installed via SNAP;it runs from terminal command: "/snap/bin/mmex". But am having problem with v1.4.0a-not using database from 1.3(as are many others).
ssummers
New MMEX User

Post by ssummers »

Does anyone who uses the snap is able to open the attachments? xdg-open fails to open the pdf. I think it is an apparmour problem.

BTW: Is the snap an official mmex snap or did just some random user create it?