One click export from spreadsheets to Money Manager

Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

Nicastro
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: One click export from spreadsheets to Money Manager

Post by Nicastro »

your work is really appreciable and valuable. You can sell this project by make some updates. what say?
Adrodpo
New MMEX User

Post by Adrodpo »

OneClickToQif wrote:I have used Money Manager for a long time now. It is great and useful software with lots of features.

However, my main complaint about it is regarding the Money Manager interface: IMHO, it is not the best way to enter the details of transactions for daily use.

By contrast, spreadsheets provide a faster and simpler interface. It is much easier and quicker to enter data via MS Excel or Calc than via Money Manager interface or similar applications.

In addition, most banks and credit card issuers provide account statements in spreadsheet format. I usually download the transactions of my bank accounts and credit cards from the web of banks and financial institutions, in Excel format. I find it faster and more manageable to view these transactions in the spreadsheet. However, I want to have them synchronized in Money Manager.

Also for accounts with split transactions, I find it much easier to enter data via spreadsheets, than via Money Manager interface.

On the other hand, I do not want to give up all the benefits of Money Manager, especially to manage on one site all accounts for assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and generate reports from them.

For these reasons I created OneClickToQIF: a freeware and open source project: with OneClickToQIF is very quick and easy to move data from spreadsheets to Money Manager or other bookkeeping application, using the former for insertion and some calculations, and the latter for all the functionality of a double-entry bookkeeping application.

Github project:  https://github.com/OneClickToQif/OneClickToQif

Email list / forum for the project is found here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oneclicktoqif

I created this software for my own use, but then I uploaded it as an open source project at GitHub because I hope it could be useful for many Money Manager users. 

Regards
Thanks for the link.
ethanaidenies
New MMEX User

Post by ethanaidenies »

BerythaBeasley wrote:
Nikolay wrote:It will be available in v. 1.3.0
thanks very much.
available in v. 1.3.0 ??
malkovich
New MMEX User

Post by malkovich »

found a lot of useful information, glad to join your community!
Robertp
New MMEX User

Post by Robertp »

i dont know what to say but I have a template i use, it take 2 minutes per statement to import.
Sarahy
New MMEX User

Post by Sarahy »

Nikolay wrote:It will be available in v. 1.3.0

Hi Thanks for the version v. 1.3.0.