[SOLVED] Windows 10 Installation

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

abegold
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

[SOLVED] Windows 10 Installation

Post by abegold »

Hi,
I downloaded the win64 portable version of MMEX 1.3.3. unzipped to an USB. Launched mmex.exe. I get a language selection screen for about 1 second which then disappears. Needless to say there is no further action. I also tried the win32 portable and installed the win32 version. All with the same result.
Suggestions as to what causes this problem would be helpful.
Thank you
siowena
Super MMEX User

Re: Windows 10 Installation

Post by siowena »

Not sure if it's the same reason.

I have AVAST virus checker installed, when I start a new installation it 'captures' it while the language warning dialog displays. The it declares it an unknown and forwards to the labs for thorough checks (about 30-45mins). During that time it won't allow it to run unless I override it.

I suggest looking at Win10 and any virus checker setting for running unknown programs.
abegold
New MMEX User

Post by abegold »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have put the entire MMEX folder on the Avast exception list with the same result. Perhaps is there a log that would list the process that stops MMEX from opening?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

abegold
New MMEX User

Post by abegold »

Nicolay, that did the trick! Thank you. I don't know why the versions are different nor how did I get the earlier version- I think from the moneymanagerex.com as opposed to sourceforge but this 1.3.4.rc7 win32-portable worked.
I can now play with it and consider the software for everyday use.
Thanks again.