I can't get changed data saved

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Phototaker
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

I can't get changed data saved

Post by Phototaker »

I have been using this program on my PC with Windows 10 pro for a few years now & like it. I have just updated to version 1.4 & have run into a serious problem.

I open a recurring transaction list and select an item. I select edit to change amount & expect this to be saved but nothing has happened. I reopen the item & see that my new figure is listed but that this new figure hasn't updated my bank balance.

I try all of this again & select enter as well a changing the amount at the same time,and again no update of bank balance.

I recall that I have a USB that has portable version 1.3 on it & I try all previously mentioned attempts to update files but again nothing happens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: I can't get changed data saved

Post by Nikolay »

Please downgrade DB and use 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 or 1.3.5
https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneymanagerex/files/

How to downgrade DB:
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/2353

Download https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... 3_7_v3.zip and exteact.
Run mmex >=1.3.4 and say Yes when asking about file from support.

PS better to use backup of your DB (.mmb) file. But downgrade possible if needed.
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I now have version 1.3.3 installed.  When I try to run the downgrade DB file. I'm told the MMEX is already is running  and that multiple instances aren't supported.

So I'm stuck.  But one advantage I have has been is that it's using 1 account and I have been using the program just to keep up to date with my Banks account and set up auto payments for reoccurring transactions.

I'm thinking what if I make copy of all of the major files, accounts,payees,categories etc and just started a new DB would that work?
Or perhaps if I exported my data as CSV file and then import it as a new file would this work?
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I still can't get changed data saved.

I have even tried other aspects of the program and seen more strange things.

I tried the daily cash flow forecasting and found that the results being displayed were not at all what I was expecting when I took recurring transactions into account. Very strange?

Are any of the things that I suggested previously possible a fix?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

You can downgrade DB only using 1.3.5 version of mmex.
Then you can use any othets like 1.3.3 1.3.4 or 1.3.5
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I have tried this again and failed.

I'm using a 64Bit version Windows 10 could I try the 32bit % would this be OK?

I could put the program onto an android tablet if this will make it possible for things to work again OK?

I notice that the program appears in both program files & program files (X86). I don't know why this is but could it be the source of my problems?

I welcome any other ideas?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I recommend to use portable mmex
1)Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneym ... .3.5-rc.2/ portable mmex and extract to c:\Portable_apps\ folder
2) Run c:\Portable_apps\moneymanagerex\bin\mmex.exe
3) Choose your mmb file
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I have been trying on and off for days now to get the program to do anything  at all. No Change that I make is ever saved. I have tried various versions, 32bit,64bit,portable.  I have even installed the downgrade file.

I can't get any data changed or saved.  I have even done things like going back to file that had been reconciled, changed the amount by a few cents and saved it but nothing happens. 

I try to make the change a second time & my new figure appears but when I close tab the figure hasn't changed.
I have even opened a category and just changed the word & saved it but when I reopen it the original name is still displayed.

Is there anything else that I can try? Is the version for the tablet still working?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

may be .mmb file is read only?
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I finally got back to trying to resurrect my old account files & get them up to date. I have tied 32 & 64 bit versions as well as portable. Like others I have got the conflicts about an earlier version still being open.

What is the best way to tackle this problem? I can run any version but don't want to set up all the features like Payee's,accounts,repeating payments etc. I only use the program to be reminded to pay my bills on time & know my account balance.

Will creating a new account or trying to clone the existing one work? If I do this should my .mmb files open again with me having to go back to square one? The old .mmb file wasn't read only.

THanks for any help?