Unable to Open my Accounts

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

billcraig27
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Unable to Open my Accounts

Post by billcraig27 »

I have been using Money Manager Ex since January 2009 without any problems, however that ended yesterday.

When I open the MMEx app nothing happens exceot the MMEx icon is shown in the taskbar, If I click on the MMEx icon it shows a blank page with the address of the account. If I try to open the MMEX icon I get a message that the database has been marked as opened by another MMeX instance and two windows are shown by clicking the taskbar icon. Each window is blank with the same account address. If I close done the MMEx application and try again using my second account the exact problem occurs with both windows showing the second account address.

I have tried uninstalling MMEx and then re-installion it but the same problem occurs when trying to open MMEx. I have even tried to change the name of my 2 accounts but when I try to open the accounts I gain get the same problem but this time the taskbar icon window now show the blank window gives the same message about the database even allow that database has never been open on the computer as I have renamed it. I have even tried to see in the Task Manager if 2 MMEx programs are running but without any success.

I cannot think of anything that I have done differently that I have been doing for the last 11 years. I have 2 computers, a new one which is causing me the problem and an old one whcih I have been using for 10 years which is operating okay. Both computer have 1.35 version software.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Unable to Open my Accounts

Post by Nikolay »

Hello,

I recommend to find and delete all mmexini.db3 files on drive c:\

Look at this https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/2637 seems a similar problem.
billcraig27
New MMEX User

Post by billcraig27 »

Thanks for your reply to my problem.

I have tried your suggestions that you listed without success. When I uninstall MMEX the folder MMEx in C/program is also removed so I have been unable to find the ...db3 files you mentioned. My version of MMEx is version 1.3.5 and not the portable version. I have also tried to ignore the fault message but this brings up a screen with 4 choices none of which is to run existing files, The only choice I have tried is to run the last file that was used and this again opens up a blank screen and is the second screen behind the icon on the task bar.
billcraig27
New MMEX User

Post by billcraig27 »

Hurray, now got it working again. Thanks for your help.
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

Glad it is working again! For the benefit of others, what got you back up and running?
DavidGreen
New MMEX User

Post by DavidGreen »

I have exactly the same problem getting MMEX to open.

Please tell us how you resolved this issue.
billcraig27
New MMEX User

Post by billcraig27 »

I right clicked in the blank screen and there was a option to open up the screen. When I selected this option the screen opened to full size and my files were on display. I have never have had to carry this out before so do not know if this requirement is something new in Windows 10.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

From your description, I do not understand what is happening.
You need to understand something with the application itself or you cannot open the data file.

My suggestion:
Download portable vertion of mmex
https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneym ... p/download
create the folder c:\portable_apps
extract mmex-1.3.5-win64-portable.zip to c:\portable_apps
run "C:\portable_apps\mmex-1.3.5-win64\bin\mmex.exe" and create new DB.
Working?
Copy your mmb file to the C:\portable_apps\mmex-1.3.5-win64\ folder then open it by portable mmex interface - file - open (do not use double click on mmb file).
Working?
ynotdraw
New MMEX User

Post by ynotdraw »

I have the same problem.
I have also downloaded the portable version into c: drive, and after a few days that has the same problem.
I am using 1.3.5. and windows 10 home, version 2004

On my laptop I have version 1.3.3 and that is running perfectly well, so maybe an issue with 1.3.5.
Great product !!
Cheers
Tony
twhitbeck
New MMEX User

Post by twhitbeck »

billcraig27 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:52 am I right clicked in the blank screen and there was a option to open up the screen. When I selected this option the screen opened to full size and my files were on display. I have never have had to carry this out before so do not know if this requirement is something new in Windows 10.

Yes! Thank you. This worked for me. The right-click, choose Maximize. Thanks