Asking to vote for project of the month!

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Benvan45
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Asking to vote for project of the month!

Post by Benvan45 »

Why voting, as the new releases for Mac, still don't open and keep on showing, that they're damaged? The suggested command in Terminal does not help at all. Why is still nothing fixed? This problem is going on for a long time already!

Please help!!!!!

Ben
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Asking to vote for project of the month!

Post by Nikolay »

siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

HI,

If you have tried all the other options, taking gatekeep offline then try this one command. Use this at your own risk, looking around the web there are many statements this is 'last resort'.
It worked for me.

Open Terminal

cd /
cd Applications
xattr -cr ./mmex.app
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

How come this won't work for so many people? You say it worked for you? Is it possible to post a step by step configuration? I've tried a million times by now and get very frustrated, because now I read again: "It works for me". Please help for the last time and otherwise I'll dump the whole Money Manager App, but I just loved it for many years!!!!!
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

1) Download proper binary file for MAC OS and apply fix has been provided above.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneym ... es/v1.3.5/
Working?
if not
2) Build the app from scratch using the following info: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... r/BUILD.md
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

Hi @Benvan45,

Sorry for your frustration, but please remember this is free, open source software developed and supported by people on their own free time. I'm sure if someone paid up the full Apple developer & app store submission license fee to get Nikolay as a registered developer all would be solved.

Apple is slowly but surely moving mac towards the same app store eco system as iPhones.

I'm not sure what you tried previously. The only commands I've seen previously in the forum just turned off the gatekeeper and changed the download options to allow install from anyway and not just app store.

When I applied those command, it would then run but gave me the broken and move to bin message.

Only after I applied this command did I see the MMEX startup screen and able to open the DB from my 1.3.3 MAC and 1.3.5 Win10 64 installations.

Feel free to donate using paypal to the 'Make Nikolay an official Apple deveoper' fund. ;)
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Nikolay wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:47 am 1) Download proper binary file for MAC OS and apply fix has been provided above.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/moneym ... es/v1.3.5/
Working?
if not
2) Build the app from scratch using the following info: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... r/BUILD.md
So, if it's not working, I should build it myself? The fix is not working and I'm not able to build it myself. So, just never mind, this is it for me! But don't ask for votes for project of the month, when a project just doesn't work! Good Luck!
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

siowena wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm Hi @Benvan45,

Sorry for your frustration, but please remember this is free, open source software developed and supported by people on their own free time. I'm sure if someone paid up the full Apple developer & app store submission license fee to get Nikolay as a registered developer all would be solved.

Apple is slowly but surely moving mac towards the same app store eco system as iPhones.

I'm not sure what you tried previously. The only commands I've seen previously in the forum just turned off the gatekeeper and changed the download options to allow install from anyway and not just app store.

When I applied those command, it would then run but gave me the broken and move to bin message.

Only after I applied this command did I see the MMEX startup screen and able to open the DB from my 1.3.3 MAC and 1.3.5 Win10 64 installations.

Feel free to donate using paypal to the 'Make Nikolay an official Apple deveoper' fund. ;)
I know it's free and I really appreciate it all, but now you're saying you've seen the wrong commands. I've applied your command as well, but still no go!
So, this is it for me. I guess I have to wait till Apple changes it all. Bashing Apple won't help you, as I think it's one of the best operating systems around. I am completely confused now and just go looking for something else. Good luck!
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

I wish you well and it's unfortunate you're not able to get MMX running in mac.

I'm not bashing mac as I own one (my 2nd mac I've owned) and use it in preference to my 'work' windows 10 laptop.

It's more Apple's policies towards anyone developing for mac that is not an official developer (and paying $$$ to apple) going through app store that I am bashing.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

maybe Winebottler etc. would be a solution (windows programs under OS-X)
Renato Forum Administrator