Number formatting

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

r1ck
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Number formatting

Post by r1ck »

I know there must be a simple answer to this but I can't find it. How do I format numbers to show as currency ($100.00) vs standard (100)?

thanks
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Re: Number formatting

Post by mikhailo2608il »

In order to format numbers to appear as currency in MMEX is not especially simple. You have to edit the Template associated with the report and change the HTML tags associated with the field you want to display (a Template variable TMPL_VAR) to be currency. This requires a knowledge of HTML and CSS. And the changes are made to each field manually. I do not consider it to be a simple process. But then I am a rather casual user of HTML and CSS. Certainly it is not as simple as setting an option within MMEX to display your numeric totals as currency - but I do not believe such an option currently exists.

If I needed the numbers from a report that I created in MMEX to be displayed as currency then I would export the report to HTML and import it into a spreadsheet program like Excel and format the numbers as currency within the spreadsheet.

I only hope that someone else can give you a better option.

Regards
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

1) check USD settings
usd.PNG
usd.PNG (33.13 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

If you mean in the app, then Nikolay has highlighted the manage currencies dialog to use.

if you mean in reports, I can point you to the report already existing that does that and formats numbers based on SQL outputs.
r1ck
New MMEX User

Post by r1ck »

Nikolay wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:54 am 1) check USD settings
usd.PNG
Perfect! Thanks