Can't Open Database

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

TimP58
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Can't Open Database

Post by TimP58 »

So that worked, who knows why but everything is working again. I hope others might see that advice and benefit from it.

Many thanks Renato
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Many thanks for the feedback.

Yes, as I have often written, the configuration file mmexini.db3 is often damaged by this problem.
Renato Forum Administrator
Sherpa5
New MMEX User

Post by Sherpa5 »

Ayer pedia ayuda ya que no podia abrir la págna del programa MMEX_My money. debo informar que uso Window 10 y el programa desde hace 10 años como minimo, siguiendo las indicaciones de TimP58, he copiado en un disco externo los archivos de datos y seguidamente borre todos los programas y carpetas que tenia de Money.
Seguidamente me he vuelto a bajar la aplicación 1.3.5-win64 , acción realizada anteriormente siguiendo los consejos de actualizar el programa,con resultado del error, pero hoy ya FUNCIONA CORRECTAMENTE, si bien no se ha creado el Enlace directo en el Escritorio y compruebo que para subir a Excell los informes NO Funciona, se direcciona a petición de datos a Internet http:/// ......
Gracias por su atención .
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

hola Sherpa5
Este es un foro de habla inglesa.
No sé español y la traducción no explica el problema.
bransonbe
New MMEX User

Post by bransonbe »

Hi All,

MMEX doesnt want to open fully, after my computer did a compulsory update this morning.

I am running Windows 10 Home, Windows Build 19041.450

The Money Manager App opens, but then is a blank white screen.

Any idea of what I need to do to get it back up and running.

Hate the windows updates!

Please help! Desperate! Love your app!!!
Attachments
MMEX 1.jpg
MMEX 1.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

dbolton
Super MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

@bransonbe In your screenshot it looks like the window might just be off screen. You might try the suggestions in this article: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows ... ard-trick/

This can happen if you switch between multiple monitors and one monitor (e.g. undocking/unplugging a laptop computer).
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

pdh
New MMEX User

Post by pdh »

As a new member of this forum but not a new user of MM I hope I will be forgiven (a) if this has been mentioned before or (b) if this question is in the wrong place or (unlikely) out of order. I have noticed by looking through recent threads and posts that a fair number of people have been having difficulties in accessing their files for a variety of reasons with a number of people, including myself, being unable to 'get in' as the program reports that the db is already open. This isn't the first time I have experienced this. The most recent solution suggested by Renato worked for me and others to whom it was suggested. This solution was to delete C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MoneyManagerEx\mmexini.db3. I renamed the file initially rather than deleting it but sure enough it did the trick and a new .db3 was created next time I exited the program.

I presumed therefore that my .db3 file had become corrupted. If that is the case and this is happening to others too is this a problem that the Developers would look at as it must put a lot of people off MM unnecessarily. Personally, even with this occurring to me more than once over the years, I rate MM highly and would hate to see people put off using it due to what I would call a 'bug'.

Is it worth someone looking at this issue to see if an answer can be found to prevent it?
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

I am also of the opinion that a correction is due here.
But it is just that the programming capacity depends on the availability of volunteer programmers.

Most of the time it is very difficult to find the error, especially if you have no further information how the error was created.

May I ask you to send me the broken and the working .db3 file via PM. (there is no confidential data in it, only settings)