The program is working again,perhaps

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Confused
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

The program is working again,perhaps

Post by Confused »

I had used this program before but had run into problems because some of the updates had created problems opening some of the newer versions and they had to downgrade to earlier versions.

Since I still had my old mmb file I decided to try once again. When I tried to open the program I still got the message about a possible conflict with a previous version. So I told the program to try to open an old mmb file which I did. I shut down program & then tried to reopen it & fit the same message.

I then did a search found a file in appdata/roaming which I deleted. I then shut down program & reopened it and this time it opened correctly.

I guess that I will just have to wait and see what happens the next time I try to open the program.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: The program is working again,perhaps

Post by Nikolay »

Confused
New MMEX User

Post by Confused »

Here we are a few months later and thing's are exactly as before.

After I have made any change at all to my data I close the program and the mmb file is saved. The next time that I click the icon the green icon sits on my taskbar at bottom of screen. The only thing that happens is that I get a pop up that tells me about another instance of program is causing problems and won't allow me to proceed.

I have found a short term fix for this. I have found that if I delete a file created called Appdata\Roaming this problem goes away at least temperately.

I can then start the same process again & I get a popup that offers choice of new account, existing account, etc. I point program to my MMB file & it opens.

Next times if I want to update my data I have to go through the same rigamarole again.

Is there something that can be done to stop the Appdata\Roaming file from being recreated?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Next time could you try:
Shift + Right click on mmex icon in the tray then choose maximize in the popup menu?
Confused
New MMEX User

Post by Confused »

Great that worked. Thank you