Forward Scheduling of Scheduled Transactions

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to Money Manager Ex

Moderator: Renato

SharkyW
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Forward Scheduling of Scheduled Transactions

Post by SharkyW »

Can you add an 'Advance posting' option (0 to 30 days) on Recurring Transactions Entry Screen. The reason for this request is that on say, the first day of the month, I would be able to see the effect of future scheduled transactions on the Account Register. Therefore, I could see the effect of large annual and monthly recurring transactions on current finances. This could even work as an additional Transaction View option - Future Transactions.
phillj
New MMEX User

Re: Forward Scheduling of Scheduled Transactions

Post by phillj »

I'd like this feature as well please!
GroenieDieDraak
New MMEX User

Post by GroenieDieDraak »

Good day to all,

I moved to MMEX in August from another software package that served me well for over 10 years, but unfortunately the support has been non-existent in the last few years. MMEX is great and big thumbs up to the developers.

I am not sure if the feature I refer to is exactly the same as what SharkyW is asking, but it sounds similar, so I posted here. If the mods are of the opinion that this is a different feature, please move the thread.

In the software I used previously, you could choose for how long you want future transactions to show in each of your accounts for which you created them. This allows you to see when that account will "run out of money" and help you to plan when to transfer money from another account to that account.

I attached a screenshot for some made-up future dated transactions to show what it looks like. The future dated transactions shows up on the account as red font and does not influence the balance that is shown on the Home Page.

I would really appreciate if something similar can be added as I have currently 15 accounts in 7 different currencies registered on MMEX and this will greatly assist in prompting me when to make transfers from one to the other.

Best regards and thank you for great software.
Attachments
Future_Dated.JPG
Future_Dated.JPG (84.36 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

This is on the existing feature request list... https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/1633. I'll update to reference this post.
GroenieDieDraak
New MMEX User

Post by GroenieDieDraak »

Thank you. Much appreciated.
sbourdon
New MMEX User

Post by sbourdon »

I'd like this feature as well please!
Are there any plans to implement this feature in the near future?

Thanks!
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

It has no target release at present.