Issue with Transfer Dates between Account A and B

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Clodarunt
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Issue with Transfer Dates between Account A and B

Post by Clodarunt »

Dear MMEX Community

I'm writing to discuss an issue I've encountered when performing transfers between my accounts A and B.

When I initiate a transfer from Account A to B, I enter the transfer date in A as the date the money leaves my account, which in this case is 31/10/2023. However, due to the banking process, the money only arrives in my Account B on 02/11/2023.

The problem I'm facing is that when I change the transfer date in Account B to reflect the actual arrival date, it also automatically alters the corresponding date in Account A.

I would like to know if there is a way to work around or resolve this issue.

It's important to me that the transfer dates in both banks are accurate, but any changes made in one bank seem to affect the other.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to your response.
Renato
MVP User

Re: Issue with Transfer Dates between Account A and B

Post by Renato »

I am not aware of any solution for such a requirement.
Renato Forum Administrator
Clodarunt
New User

Post by Clodarunt »

Renato wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:59 am I am not aware of any solution for such a requirement.
Thank you for your assistance in addressing this issue.

This automated synchronization of dates is causing inaccuracies in the data, which is crucial for our financial tracking and record-keeping.

To ensure that we can maintain precise and separate records for both Account A and Account B, I kindly request that a configurable transfer date feature be implemented.

This feature will allow us to set independent arrival and departure dates for each account.

By having this capability, we can accurately reflect the movement of funds without any unintentional interference between the two accounts.

I understand that this request may require some adjustments to the system, but I believe it would greatly enhance the functionality and usability of your software. It will also assist users like us in maintaining accurate financial records.

I look forward to a positive resolution.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Renato Forum Administrator
Clodarunt
New User

Post by Clodarunt »

Renato wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:31 am I would place your request here: