Notes, cleaning of

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

tosim
Senior User

Notes, cleaning of

Post by tosim »

Running Linux, using MMex1.5.3. Been using MMex since it first came out. I would like to know how to edit (clean out) the Notes.
FYI- Notes are what you may add when you are making a New Transaction. Bottom of list on left side. Would sure appreciate
any suggestions. Thank you.
mmex.jpg
mmex.jpg (9.57 KiB) Viewed 21722 times
Renato
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Notes, cleaning of

Post by Renato »

Apparently the list of notes is derived from the notes of the bookings.
According to which rules is not known to me, the first, the last, random ?
Maybe @whall3y or @Nikolay can tell us more about this.
Renato Forum Administrator
tosim
Senior User

Post by tosim »

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, someone can explain how.
nstein
Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by nstein »

The "Frequently Used Notes" is just as it sounds -- a list of the 20 most frequently used notes on all transactions in the account (if you have a single account open) or across all accounts in the "All Transactions" view. There is no mechanism to clear the list, the list is calculated every time the transaction window is opened.

The logic is:

1. Fetch all transactions which have notes (restricted to transactions within the same account if you're in a single account view)
2. Count the number of times each note appears (meaning the text is 100% identical, case sensitive)
3. Sort the list of notes from most used to least used. In the event two notes are used the same amount of times, the one used on the most recent transaction date is displayed first.
4. Drop all but the top 20 most used notes. This is the list which is displayed.

I suppose if you always have unique notes, this means the list will just show you the 20 most recent notes.
tosim
Senior User

Post by tosim »

Thank you for your reply.