MMEX 1.7 Bank Accounts etc Not Showing On Dashboard

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Griswold
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMEX 1.7 Bank Accounts etc Not Showing On Dashboard

Post by Griswold »

Since upgrading from 1.64 to 1.7 all my accounts don't show under their respective tags in the side panel of my dashboard by type, (Bank Account, Credit Card Account, Cash Account). When I click on those tabs nothing happens.

Initially, Favourites didn't show in the side panel either but clicking one of the accounts in the main panel has now brought up all my favourites under the Favourites tab.

I cannot change account type in Edit Account as that item is greyed out.

MAC Studio running MAC OS Sonoma 14.2.1
whall3y
Developer

Re: MMEX 1.7 Bank Accounts etc Not Showing On Dashboard

Post by whall3y »

What is this option set to?
shot.png
shot.png (27.71 KiB) Viewed 16999 times
Griswold
New User

Post by Griswold »

Thanks for the reply. It was set to All, changed to Open but made no difference even after a restart.

Also I still cannot change the account type for any account.
whall3y
Developer

Post by whall3y »

Griswold wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:37 pm Also I still cannot change the account type for any account.
If you right click on an account in the Navigation panel it should give you an option to "Change Account Type"
whall3y
Developer

Post by whall3y »

Can you include a screen shot showing what is shown in then navigation panel and what is shown in the Dashbaord please.
Griswold
New User

Post by Griswold »

whall3y wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:22 am
Griswold wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:37 pm Also I still cannot change the account type for any account.
If you right click on an account in the Navigation panel it should give you an option to "Change Account Type"

Thank you, that works. Puzzled why it's greyed out in Edit Account but as a workaround that I'm not likely to use often it'll do for me.
Griswold
New User

Post by Griswold »

whall3y wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:24 am Can you include a screen shot showing what is shown in then navigation panel and what is shown in the Dashbaord please.

I'll PM you a snapshot of part of the Home Screen showing the Navigation Panel and the relevant part of what is shown in the dashboard, rather than having it all visible on the net - hope you don't mind. I'll also not included any financial information for obvious reasons. You'll see that I've clicked on Credit Card Accounts in the Navigation Panel but the dashboard is still showing and none of the Credit Card Accounts are listed under the Credit Card Accounts banner. The same happens for Bank Accounts and Cash Accounts.
whall3y
Developer

Post by whall3y »

What happens if you click on the little black arrow on the Bank Accounts / Credit Card Accounts / etc group labels? The screenshot you sent has these collapsed.
Griswold
New User

Post by Griswold »

Thanks again for all your help with this. On my display, unless I get really close, I couldn't see any black arrows! Black on black on my monitor is almost impossible to see. I've tried changing themes but it always seems to be black on black with the arrows.

Anyway, now that I know they are there I can get close to the screen to see them. Would it be possible in a future update to have the arrows different to black, (or is this already possible and I haven't found out how). Also, it would be easier for us oldies to be able to click on the tab itself to expand it - I thought that's how it worked on 1.64, maybe my memory is failing as it wasn't something I used much, relying mostly on Favourites.

Thanks again for your help with this, much appreciated.

Peter
luisdev
Senior User

Post by luisdev »

Have you tried changing the colour display settings in Windows (in Settings under Personalisation)? Maybe it's a Windows setting that's causing this problem for you...

What MMX theme are you using?

Click Options on the MMX Tools menu to open the MMX Options screen. Click View Options. Try changing to a different theme. Does that improve the display for you?

On Windows, the C:\Program Files\Money Manager EX\res\themes folder stores the "configuration" files for the MMX themes. There's a ".mmextheme" file for each of the MMX themes that are installed. If you open the ".mmextheme" file for the theme that you are using then you'll see all the .svg images that MMX uses for all the icons across the application.
You could also check the _theme.json and master.css files in that ".mmextheme" file for the settings that control the display objects that are problematic for you.

Yes, it sounds complicated, but that's the best thing about MMX and open source. You have access to the code to fix things...

If that's too complicated for you then go to https://github.com/moneymanagerex/theme ... tem-themes and select the theme that you are using. The README.md file for that theme will display all the icons that the theme uses. See if you can identify the icon that's a problem for you and post it here. Perhaps the fix is just a matter of changing the colours for your problem objects in the _theme.json or .css styles files.
Griswold
New User

Post by Griswold »

Hi @luisdev and thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried all the themes in MMEX and the only one where the arrows are clearly visible is Simple Black where the arrows are a darker grey on grey.

I'm using an Apple Mac Studio with an Apple Studio Monitor which is accurately calibrated for photography manipulation so I don't want to change that in any way. Will use the Simple Black theme which, in spite of its name, is actually grey but gives more of the look of Quicken which I was using previously so I'll probably stick with that.

I may have a look at the .mmextheme file, I assume there'll be one in your Mac version, later though.

Thanks again for your help

Peter