Reconciled balance changed after editing an old transaction

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Post Reply
dakotacranston
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:18 am
Are you a spam bot?: No
Contact:

Reconciled balance changed after editing an old transaction

Post by dakotacranston »

I’m using MMEX 1.8.0 on Windows and noticed something odd while cleaning up some older transactions. I had already reconciled my checking account through the end of August, and the reconciled balance matched my bank statement. Today, I opened an older transaction from August 18 and corrected the payee name and category. I didn’t change the amount, date, account, or transaction status. After saving it, the account balance still looked right, but when I opened the account reconciliation screen again, the previously reconciled difference was no longer zero. I checked a few transactions around that date and found that the edited transaction still has the reconciled status, so I’m not sure why the reconciliation figure changed just from changing the payee/category. Before I start marking transactions as reconciled again, I wanted to ask whether this is normal in MMEX 1.8.0. Does editing an already reconciled transaction cause MMEX to recalculate anything in the reconciliation data, or could another setting be affecting this?
User avatar
Renato
MVP User
Posts: 979
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 pm
Are you a spam bot?: No
Location: near Zurich
Contact:

Re: Reconciled balance changed after editing an old transaction

Post by Renato »

Support for older versions of MMEX has been discontinued; please upgrade to the latest version 1.9.4 (after backing up your .mmb file).
Renato Forum Administrator (I'm not a developer)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users