Problem with transfer bookings

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

wip
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Problem with transfer bookings

Post by wip »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and will only be working with MMX for a short time.
I'm using Windows 10 and MMX version 1.5.5.64-bit
My problem:
I receive payments on the current account which I transfer to another account. A payment should reduce the account balance on the other account, a credit should increase the account balance. Works like this in my current finance program (unfortunately I can't use it in Linux).
I am now using the transfer payment type in MMX. Also works perfectly with payments on the current account, the booking is booked as a credit on the other account - for example, the credit account receives a credit. A credit that I would like to book with transfer will also be booked as a payment on the other account. Apparently there is no way to book the credit accordingly.
I tried to find information in the forum. Presumably for language reasons, I don't speak English very well, I can't find any reference to this problem.
Maybe you can help me. Thank you
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: Problem with transfer bookings

Post by MartinArmstrong »

@wip

I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what the problem is that you are having.

Could you share some screenshots that show what you believe to be wrong when you use transfers in the way that you are describing.

Thank you
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Problem with transfer bookings

Post by whall3y »

There is documentation here on Transfers - http://github.moneymanagerex.org/moneym ... l#section6

If you have two accounts A and B, then if a transfer is made from A to B then the transaction will be made up of a withdrawal from account A and a deposit into account B. The result will be a decrease in the balance of account A and an increase in the balance of account B.