Newbie questions: Category typing, Hidden transactions

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

thumble
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Newbie questions: Category typing, Hidden transactions

Post by thumble »

I want to migrate from Quicken to MMEX, have questions pls:

- When updating transactions, do I have to actually click on Categories and then find them manually or is there a way to start typing and MMEX finds it?
- I use 'hide transaction' for some transactions in Quicken, essentially it hides from Budgets and reports. How can I do the same in MMEX?

Thanks.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Newbie questions: Category typing, Hidden transactions

Post by whall3y »

When updating transactions, do I have to actually click on Categories and then find them manually or is there a way to start typing and MMEX finds it?
You can click on the category list and then when you press a character it will cycle through the categories beginning with that character - That may help
I use 'hide transaction' for some transactions in Quicken, essentially it hides from Budgets and reports. How can I do the same in MMEX?
MMEX has no 'hide transaction capability'. What is the use case for this with Quicken?
MarceloBiker
New MMEX User

Re: Newbie questions: Category typing, Hidden transactions

Post by MarceloBiker »

I use 'hide transaction' for some transactions in Quicken, essentially it hides from Budgets and reports. How can I do the same in MMEX?
MMEX has no 'hide transaction capability'. What is the use case for this with Quicken?
I spent $1000 on my wife's business. This amount should be reflected in the checking account balance to reconcile the values. However, I prefer not to have this amount included in the reports as it was not used for household expenses.