Android Version

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Renato
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Android Version

Post by Renato »

MMEX is funded by users like you.
If you like MMEX, please consider making a donation.
The best way to support the continuation and development of MMEX is through a donate.
Renato Forum Administrator
frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User

Re: Android Version

Post by frankieorabona »

I donated some time ago in the hope that an update would be developed for android/ios. I find it inconceivable that in this day and age an app doesn't interface with a mobile app....
Reason why I have permanently abandoned your project.
I come back from time to time in the hope that there will be some news...but by now everything is stuck in 2019
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

frankieorabona wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:41 am I donated some time ago in the hope that an update would be developed for android/ios. I find it inconceivable that in this day and age an app doesn't interface with a mobile app....
Reason why I have permanently abandoned your project.
I come back from time to time in the hope that there will be some news...but by now everything is stuck in 2019
Out of interest, what money management/bookkeeping app are you currently using in place of MMEX to provide you desktop & mobile interoperability?
bluewaves
New MMEX User

Post by bluewaves »

Renato wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:15 am MMEX is funded by users like you.
If you like MMEX, please consider making a donation.
The best way to support the continuation and development of MMEX is through a donate.
Hello,
would you consider some help to get the Android application back on track?
I have a good experience in programming (even a small experience in Android application), I think that the effort to make it compatible with the new database version could be "manageable".

Thanks,
Mattia
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

bluewaves wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 pm would you consider some help to get the Android application back on track?
It's an open source project, so anyone can help.

Take a look at the moneymanagerex and android-money-manager-ex repositories here https://github.com/moneymanagerex

A good start would be to build the Android version. Ask any questions on github.
frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User

Post by frankieorabona »

MartinArmstrong wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:27 pm Out of interest, what money management/bookkeeping app are you currently using in place of MMEX to provide you desktop & mobile interoperability?
I am currently using SPENDEE (premium version). A little limited compared to MMEX, but it does what I need it to do... and most of all it is convenient because you can link all the bank accounts and it then automatically reports your transactions...
bluewaves wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 pm Hello,
would you consider some help to get the Android application back on track?
I have a good experience in programming (even a small experience in Android application), I think that the effort to make it compatible with the new database version could be "manageable".
Wow wonderful news... I really hope you will be able to "fix" the Android APP....
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

I took the liberty of changing the title from Donation to Android Version. The posts really had nothing to do with donations.

I also looked at the SPENDEE (premium version), which is only an Android solution and has no PC version (Windows/Linux). Also, the non-paid version is very limited. I always notice that paid versions are compared with the freeware MMEX and it is assumed that MMEX should be able to do everything that the various paid versions (partially) contain.

Unfortunately, it is just here in the forum as in other forums, who is satisfied, has no reason to visit the forum and also sometimes to appreciate the good work of the developers.

Of course, the developers are happy about every useful suggestion for improvement and will try to realize it if possible.
frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User

Post by frankieorabona »

I'm sorry...I didn't read your response (maybe because of the subject change).
I actually use Spendee and am not at all happy with it! Except for two functions that are very convenient for me. Precisely the opportunity to enter my Transactions at any time from APP, and the possibility to always keep my accounts up to date and not be there every time having to enter every transaction...
I use Spendee, but I have also tried TOSHL , and WALLET from budgetbakers. My choice went to Spendee because even though they have very similar limitations Spendee is the cheapest one
If Money Manager EX would "fix" some issues related to transfers and the ability to use the ANDROID APP I would quietly switch back to this again. (In lieu of the android app I was considering trying the WEB APP).
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

frankieorabona wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:45 pm In lieu of the android app I was considering trying the WEB APP
Frankie, take a look at this post about the Hosted WebApp service: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5305