Do *not* install MMEX under Wine!

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

jelabarre59
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Do *not* install MMEX under Wine!

Post by jelabarre59 »

As there isn't a Fedora version of MMEX that actually runs, and the compilation directions are wrong (they point to the MacOS instructions, which use MAcOS-specific parameters) I thought I'd at least try the MSWin version under Crossover Office. ***BAD IDEA***!!!!!

After installing, the application starts up, loads the basic application window, then LOCKS UP YOUR SYSTEM. Have tried this under Fedora 34, and Fedora 35. The mouse disappears, and the keyboard is unresponsive. The only thing that worked was to power-cycle the machine.
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Re: Do *not* install MMEX under Wine!

Post by dbolton »

Which instructions for Fedora were you following?

I don't use Fedora, but if there is a wrong link on the official pages, I would like to fix that.
PMaff
Super MMEX User

Re: Do *not* install MMEX under Wine!

Post by PMaff »

jelabarre59 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:08 pm As there isn't a Fedora version of MMEX that actually runs, and the compilation directions are wrong (they point to the MacOS instructions, which use MAcOS-specific parameters) I thought I'd at least try the MSWin version under Crossover Office. ***BAD IDEA***!!!!!

After installing, the application starts up, loads the basic application window, then LOCKS UP YOUR SYSTEM. Have tried this under Fedora 34, and Fedora 35. The mouse disappears, and the keyboard is unresponsive. The only thing that worked was to power-cycle the machine.
Can you try the newer compilation instructions for Linux?
See this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=10537