Budgeting in MMEX

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

AlbertGans
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Budgeting in MMEX

Post by AlbertGans »

Dear ? (Renato)?

I've just started using MMEX, and am busy setting up a budget. However, I notice that monthly budgets are not integrated into the annual ones. What I mean is that if I have a specific cost that only occurs in March and I put the budget for it in that month, it does not appear in the overall budget for the year concerned. Is there something I am doing wrong? If not, how do I deal with this, or how can it be overcome it, so I don't have to duplicate the entry?

A second question I have is why it is not possible (as far as I can see) to duplicate months or years. I have a number of months where I have the same costs, and it appears I have to put all the costs in each month (and then again in the overall year budget). And if I want to set up a new budget for the coming year, I would have to start from scratch.... while many costs are basically likely to be the same.

Finally, it would be very handy if one could actually create own intervals for costs.... there is a set, but if I have costs that occur for example every 4 months, or every 8 weeks, I cannot make that choice.

Thanks for your help.

Albert Gans
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Budgeting in MMEX

Post by Renato »

Hi Albert

Since I personally do not use the budget, I have no experience with it and can not help.
But there are certainly other users who can contribute their experience.
There are also some wishes / hints for the budget on https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... +is%3Aopen
Renato Forum Administrator
AlbertGans
New MMEX User

Post by AlbertGans »

Thanks.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

A similar application for development has already been registered.

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/4214
kibaramal
New MMEX User

Post by kibaramal »

Hi all,
I have the same problem.
It would be nice to have, in the "Budget Year Entry", the possibility to set a specific month as Frequency type (Jannuary, february... weekly, monthly, ecc) for the annual budget without the need to create a specific monthly budget.
Thank you guys