Is it possible to configure a predefined note's transaction?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Eduardommex
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Is it possible to configure a predefined note's transaction?

Post by Eduardommex »

After installing version MMEx1.5.14, I found in the transaction edit panel 3 dots close note box (see screenshot 1 below)
Also, after hit these 3 dots, a panel with a list of different notes is displaying to select ones, (see screenshot 2 point 1).
In the panel I can see some kind of shortcut to select this saving notes. (see screenshot 2 point 2)
Where is the place to set up/update this kind of notes list?
Where is the place to use this guessed shortcut and where it would be possible to set up them?
Attachments
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 2.png (97.79 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 1.png (50.92 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: Is it possible to configure a predefined note's transaction?

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Eduardommex wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:40 pm after hit these 3 dots, a panel with a list of different notes is displaying to select ones
Where is the place to set up/update this kind of notes list?
This is a list of the Notes entered for transactions in the same account. The list is there to enable you to quickly select the same text for this transaction's Note that you have entered before.
Eduardommex wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:40 pm In the panel I can see some kind of shortcut to select this saving notes.
Where is the place to use this guessed shortcut
I have never seen these shortcuts on MMEX on Windows. I'm guessing that there is something odd (wrong?) happening on Mac or Linux.
Eduardommex
Senior MMEX User

Post by Eduardommex »

This is a list of the Notes entered for transactions in the same account. The list is there to enable you to quickly select the same text for this transaction's Note that you have entered before.
Right, but my questions is, Is it possible to remove some old notes that I will not use it anymore to leave place for other common notes in use. I have analyzed them, and it seems these were the first ones I entered in MMEX when I started using MMEx 4 years ago.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Eduardommex wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm
Is it possible to remove some old notes that I will not use it anymore to leave place for other common notes in use.
I have analyzed them, and it seems these were the first ones I entered in MMEX when I started using MMEx 4 years ago.
Looking at the code, it appears that list of frequently used notes is built dynamically, based on the notes that have been entered previously.

The list shows the 20 most commonly used notes; i.e it is based on the number of transactions that each note is used in (in a particular account).

If you have certain notes appearing from 4 years ago, then it is because you have many instances of these notes in transactions. They are your most frequently used notes.

The list has nothing to do with how recent the notes have been used.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

It is not possible to remove old notes from the list as the list is dynamically generated from the existing transaction list for the account.

The list is generated by analysing the occurrence frequency of all existing notes and then sorting based on the frequency, with a cutoff of 20 unique notes. The current logic will bias the result towards earlier notes and the most frequently used is displayed at the bottom. *Correction - it uses frequency then alphabetic sort*

E.g. for an account with...
CleanShot 2022-05-12 at 00.01.30.png
CleanShot 2022-05-12 at 00.01.30.png (182.74 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
The frequently used notes would be
CleanShot 2022-05-12 at 00.03.05.png
CleanShot 2022-05-12 at 00.03.05.png (63.24 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
I think it would be better to display the most frequently used first. E.g. DD, ZZ, BB, AA, then the others based on most recently used, e.g. YY, XX, WW, VV, UU, TT, SS, etc.

Probably worth an enhancement request.
Last edited by whall3y on Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eduardommex
Senior MMEX User

Post by Eduardommex »

Thanks for the prompt answer.
And what about the combination of keys appears on the right of some notes as a shortcut, I'm guessing.
Is this a real shortcut to add a note? Is this configurable? How it will be able to use them?
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

Eduardommex wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:18 am Thanks for the prompt answer.
And what about the combination of keys appears on the right of some notes as a shortcut, I'm guessing.
Is this a real shortcut to add a note? Is this configurable? How it will be able to use them?
I've no idea on the shortcuts, they don't seem to appear on Windows or MacOS!

Do you have any non-alphanumerics in your notes?
Eduardommex
Senior MMEX User

Post by Eduardommex »

In a few of them, yes, as "?" or "$" characters are included in it. Why are you asking it?
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

Eduardommex wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:04 pm In a few of them, yes, as "?" or "$" characters are included in it. Why are you asking it?
Just wondering if you have anything like an ampersand (&)

https://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.1/classwx_ ... 68aa87f261