cashflow/transaction reports

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

SWPanton
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

cashflow/transaction reports

Post by SWPanton »

Is there a way of "combining" the transaction report, which shows previous transactions back dated to a variable time scale and recurring transaction forward dated to a variable time scale for an account to also include the account balances and running balances. The reason for the request is the daily cashflow does not show the transaction details only the figures and it shows difference as opposed to account balances so is of limited use.

I have tried to create my own report but failed miserably as dont know SQL language.

regards Simon
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: cashflow/transaction reports

Post by MartinArmstrong »

SWPanton wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:47 am Is there a way of "combining" the transaction report, which shows previous transactions back dated to a variable time scale and recurring transaction forward dated to a variable time scale for an account to also include the account balances and running balances. The reason for the request is the daily cashflow does not show the transaction details only the figures and it shows difference as opposed to account balances so is of limited use.

I have tried to create my own report but failed miserably as dont know SQL language.

regards Simon
Simon, you are not using the official open source version of Money Manager Ex.

You are using a (probably rather old) modified version from mi-shop/JioSoft.

Please see my reply to you in this thread viewtopic.php?p=22948 and please could you supply the information requested there.

Nobody can help you here because you are not using the application to which this forum relates.
SWPanton
Senior MMEX User

Re: cashflow/transaction reports and importing

Post by SWPanton »

Hi I am trying to Combine the Account balance for an account, backdated (variable but say 12 months ago), with all transactions for the account at sub category level, to also show corresponding running balances, then combine future transactions (at sub category level) for say two years projection (but can be variable) for the same account.

Does anybody know what SQL statements are needed to do this or whether there is a current template that can be adapted. I have tried learning online but struggling.

Also I see there are reports/SQL files that people have done, for example Accountforecast which are compressed into ZIP files. When uncompressed there are 4 files an htt, sql, lua and txt. How do you bring this files into Money manager ex. I use an Apple Mac

regards Simon
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

Also I see there are reports/SQL files that people have done, for example Accountforecast which are compressed into ZIP files. When uncompressed there are 4 files an htt, sql, lua and txt. How do you bring this files into Money manager ex. I use an Apple Mac
Have you gone to General Report Manager / Import? This should list the set of examples, choose one, import it, then use this as the base for your own report.
SWPanton
Senior MMEX User

Post by SWPanton »

Yes I tried that the general import manager then import only allows you to import files with GRM extensions not the extensions in my question
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

OK, just rename the zip to .grm. The grm is just a zip with a different name.