Error when installing mmex on Ubuntu 20.04

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

eric
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Error when installing mmex on Ubuntu 20.04

Post by eric »

I downloaded mmex_1.5.2-1.xenial_amd64.deb and tried to install using Software Install. I get the following error
Unable to install mmex. Error while installing package: trying to overwrite /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/wxstd.mo, which is also in package wx3.1-i18n 3.1.3.focal.
I looked in the /ca/LC_MESSAGES folder and found wxst.mo backup. I renamed this file and tried again got the same error so actually deleted this file but still got same error. Tried fix broken packages etc. but still cannot install mmex.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Error when installing mmex on Ubuntu 20.04

Post by Nikolay »

There are a lot of discassions on github
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... s%3Aclosed

You'll probably find the answers there.
eric
New MMEX User

Post by eric »

Thanks for the reply but prior to receiving it i tried sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/wx3.0-i18n_3.0.4+dfsg-15build1_all.deb.
This allowed the installation to complete but clicking on the program launch icon resulted in zero activity. I tried running mmex from the command line and got error message about missing libraries that were actually installed on my machine probably due to no proper path(s) being set. Did not want to waste any more time so purged everything mmex related. Some time ago I had tried a snap version of mmex and found it very slow but decided to try again. Installed snap 1.3.3 which seems to work fine at least for the purposes for which I use the program. Thanks for a very useful app.
PMaff
Super MMEX User

Post by PMaff »

eric wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:42 am Thanks for the reply but prior to receiving it i tried sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/wx3.0-i18n_3.0.4+dfsg-15build1_all.deb.
This allowed the installation to complete but clicking on the program launch icon resulted in zero activity. I tried running mmex from the command line and got error message about missing libraries that were actually installed on my machine probably due to no proper path(s) being set. Did not want to waste any more time so purged everything mmex related. Some time ago I had tried a snap version of mmex and found it very slow but decided to try again. Installed snap 1.3.3 which seems to work fine at least for the purposes for which I use the program. Thanks for a very useful app.
Maybe the article
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... 1106597921
and the complete thread there can help you.

You will also find that I uploaded a version 1.5.14 stable for Ubuntu 20.04 'focal'.
If there are problems you may find answers in the above thread or just ask.