Category for previous Payee

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

MartynG
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Category for previous Payee

Post by MartynG »

Until now when entering a Payee on a new transaction, it would automatically revert to a Category that had been used before and associated with that Payee. Now I enter the Payee and I am prompted to go to the Category down arrow and have to scroll down or up the whole list of Categories. What is happening here? Anyone else having the same problem?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Category for previous Payee

Post by Nikolay »

There is no need to scroll through a long list in the widgets of the account, payee or category.
It is necessary to enter the first letter in the subject's name from the keyboard. This greatly simplifies data entry.

FYI
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... 1204983243

You can get the old behaviour (popping up a dialog) by hitting return on an empty category box, same applies to payee.

There are enhancement requests for improving the quick selection of category/sub-category selection, e.g. https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/4247
mikeSK
New MMEX User

Post by mikeSK »

I don't understand this. Exactly as MartynG said when you select a payee it used to give you the last category used. In 99% of cases you would use that again. Now that doesn't happen - in fact it gives you a completely incorrect category in many cases. I just entered a withdrawal to a supermarket for food. This supermarket category is always food. The category selected, before I change it, is Bills Electricity. This has only happened since the last upgrade (.18). This has to be a bug - no??
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

mikeSK wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 am This has only happened since the last upgrade (.18). This has to be a bug - no??
It is a bug in 1.5.18.

Fixed for 1.5.19