Can't use Android version after Windows version update

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

mickgardner1
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Can't use Android version after Windows version update

Post by mickgardner1 »

Looks like the database in the latest Windows version is incompatible with the Android version. Any chance of a database conversion tool as a workaround?
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: Can't use Android version after Windows version update

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Please see the discussion here:

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5230

and here:

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5245

The MMEX desktop app will continue to evolve and there will be further database changes in future releases.

Your only option is to stay on the version of MMEX (1.5.20/1.5.21) that is compatible with the out of date Android database.
mickgardner1
New MMEX User

Post by mickgardner1 »

I'll stick with the latest Windows versions and see if anyone picks up the Android version sometime. I know I could use the webapp function but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. Thanks for your reply.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

I know I could use the webapp function but I'm not 100% sure how to do that.
It's just got easier.

Have a look here: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5305
rugge
New MMEX User

Post by rugge »

MartinArmstrong wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:20 pm Your only option is to stay on the version of MMEX (1.5.20/1.5.21) that is compatible with the out of date Android database.
Hi've updated my local database with desktop version 1.6.0. It's possibile to downgrade the database to version 1.5.21?

Thanks!
Ruggero
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

rugge wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:51 pm Hi've updated my local database with desktop version 1.6.0. It's possibile to downgrade the database to version 1.5.21?
Firstly, it is always a good idea to make a copy of your original database (the .mmb file) before you upgrade to new MMEX versions.

When 1.6.0 upgraded the database from DB v7 format to DB v15 it did so in a series of steps and kept a backup file at each step.

You will have files named [your database name.mmb]_upgrade_v7_[date].bak (and _v8, _v9 etc)

The _v7 backup file is a copy of your original database that is compatible with 1.5.21.

So take a copy of that and rename it to [your database name].mmb

Now open it with 1.5.21
manuher
New MMEX User

Post by manuher »

Hi Everyone !
I've used MMex for many years and compatibility between PC and Android is very important for me.
Even if Android version is no longer maintened.
I can not find such a similar feature in any other application. What a shame !

So I stay on previous version. I am satisfied with the features of android Version and PC version. Simple not complex.
Why should I change ??
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

manuher wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:58 am So I stay on previous version. I am satisfied with the features of android Version and PC version. Simple not complex.

Why should I change ??
The only reason to change is to take advantage of new features, enhanced features, of bug fixes in later releases of desktop MMEX.

If these are not relevant to you, now or in the future, then you have no reason to change.
Amaurer
New MMEX User

Post by Amaurer »

MartinArmstrong wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:09 pm
rugge wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:51 pm Hi've updated my local database with desktop version 1.6.0. It's possibile to downgrade the database to version 1.5.21?
Firstly, it is always a good idea to make a copy of your original database (the .mmb file) before you upgrade to new MMEX versions.

When 1.6.0 upgraded the database from DB v7 format to DB v15 it did so in a series of steps and kept a backup file at each step.

You will have files named [your database name.mmb]_upgrade_v7_[date].bak (and _v8, _v9 etc)

The _v7 backup file is a copy of your original database that is compatible with 1.5.21.

So take a copy of that and rename it to [your database name].mmb

Now open it with 1.5.21
I did that and it worked perfectly. Thank you