Recurring Transactions - Layout not saved

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

skippdiddly
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Recurring Transactions - Layout not saved

Post by skippdiddly »

If I recall correctly, previous versions saved the column layout for Recurring Transactions. I'm now using version 1.61, Win 64bit and the current session changes are not saved.

When I move columns around, the layout goes back to the default order at the next launch. I have to choose between hiding the columns I want to keep in view that don't appear where I want them to, or showing them all in the unwanted order.

Is this a known issue? If so, will there be a fix?

If the Reset columns options was designed to facilitate a manual reset of the columns order, it's not maintained. What is it's actual purpose?

Also, why was the filter option for Recurring Transactions removed?
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: Recurring Transactions - Layout not saved

Post by MartinArmstrong »

skippdiddly wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:51 pm If I recall correctly, previous versions saved the column layout for Recurring Transactions. I'm now using version 1.61, Win 64bit and the current session changes are not saved.
You recall incorrectly.

MMEX has never saved the order of columns across application shutdown and restart.

What it does do is to save which columns are shown or hidden.

Please see https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/4160, which requests support for saving the layout. The issue includes a discussion about why it is currently not possible to provide this.
skippdiddly
New MMEX User

Re: Recurring Transactions - Layout not saved

Post by skippdiddly »

Thanks for your reply.

I referred to #4160. Although the task details indicate the OS as Windows and MMEX version 1.5.12, the comments imply only Linus and Mac are experiencing this issue: "You should think yourself lucky to be able to re-order columns. This functionality only works on Windows and is not available on MacOS or Linux :-)"

The discussion doesn't actually explain why it's not possible to save the reorder, as you stated. However, since designers are aware of the issue and removed the Transaction filter option in version 1.61, I assume they are taking a look, and may be considering a fix in the future.

I'll watch for it in subsequent updates. Cheers.