Hide accounts from budget

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

cm1193
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Hide accounts from budget

Post by cm1193 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to hide my loan accounts from my budget. The reason being that from what I can tell, when I make a transfer from my chequing account to a loan account, the transactions seem to negate each other.

For example I transfer $500 from chequing to my line of credit it shows a withdrawal of $500 from chequing, and a deposit of $500 to line of credit. Since the net value of the transaction is $0, the category I apply to the transaction shows $0 also.

What I'm looking for is a way to hide the line of credit account from the budget so the category will only calculate the -$500 and not the +$500.

I am still learning to use the software so I may be using the accounts incorrectly, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

(Version 1.6.1 64-bit on Windows 10)
dbolton
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Hide accounts from budget

Post by dbolton »

I stopped using the "transfer" feature in Money Manager EX for similar reasons. My solution was to just record it as a deposit/withdrawal on the corresponding accounts. Then only apply the "House Expense" category to the withdrawal (and either not assign a category in the loan account or create a separate category ("House Loan Income")