Recon amount wrong (Ver 1.6.1)

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

penguinvitamins2
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Recon amount wrong (Ver 1.6.1)

Post by penguinvitamins2 »

Hi
One of my accounts(cheque), within the account table window, started to show a substantial Diff balance, yet all transactions backdating the whole database table are reconciled. All other accounts balance correct with a Zero Diff.

The latest balance of this account is correct against my bank account. (Screenshot 1 shows zero transactions on filtering "All Except Reconciled" or "Unreconciled")

The Diff amount is also not matching any of its transactions.

On the Home screen, all accounts are reconciled and the amounts show the correct balance amounts including for this account. My other accounts balance correctly.

All transactions in all accounts are historic, none are future-dated.

Any guidance is appreciated.

I, unfortunately, don't know if it is a bug, and perhaps specific to Mac

(Running Mac Ventura, latest and 1.6.1. of MMEX)

Regards,
Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 09.53.12.png
Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 09.53.12.png (126.34 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
penguinvitamins2
New MMEX User

Re: Recon amount wrong (Ver 1.6.1)

Post by penguinvitamins2 »

Figured it out.

The see there is a newly added "Deleted Transactions" "accounts" window which had deleted records from my cheque account. One of the deleted records was unreconciled. I guess that you probably hide the deleted record from the account window, to give the user the option to hard delete them later on. So I would think some coding is still missing to exclude "deleted" records from the account window's balance and Diff calculation.

After deleting these Deleted records, my cheque account top figures now balance to zero Diff

Greetings,
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

This is a known bug in 1.6.1

It is already fixed for 1.6.2 in https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5370

In the meantime, go to deleted transactions view and permanently delete them to fix the account view balances.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Also, you need to sort your transactions by Date/ID if you want your transaction list daily balance to to match the daily balance on your bank statement. You are currently sorting by ID (primary sort order) and then Withdrawal amount (secondary sort order). This is a strange combination.

Just click on the Date column header to set Date/ID sort. Click again to reverse the order.