Default date option

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

melovelo
New User

Default date option

Post by melovelo »

I would like the default date on a new transaction to be the date last input. If I set the default date under New Transaction Dialog Setting to "Last Used" when I enter a new transaction the default date is still the current date rather than last used date.
Is this an issue or am I doing something incorrectly?
This used to work as I wished but after upgrading to latest Mac version of MMex I have this problem.

Thanks
MartinArmstrong
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Default date option

Post by MartinArmstrong »

'Last Used' actually means latest date of the transactions in the account.

To demonstrate this, see the transactions dates below. The transactions were entered in the order 1st, 2nd, 3rd as shown.

If you now go to enter a new transaction, the default 'Last Used' date is 2022-03-25 (i.e the latest in the account), not 2022-02-25 (the 'last' date you entered).

There is no provision in the database for storing the last date that you actually entered. It always has to be 'latest' date. The assumption is that most of the time people will be entering transactions in chronological order.
Last Used.png
Last Used.png (83.61 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
melovelo
New User

Post by melovelo »

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I understood that the program worked as you explained but what I didn't realise was that I'd input a transaction with a later date that I then deleted which sat in the deleted transaction folder. It seems the program still picks the date up from this deleted folder. Once I cleared the deleted folder all worked as expected.
Apologies for time wasting.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by MartinArmstrong »

melovelo wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:18 pm Apologies for time wasting.
No, you haven't time wasted at all.

This is a bug. Deleted transactions should be excluded from the query to find an account's latest transaction date.

I've raised issue https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5467 to track this.