[MMEX crashes] Cannot upgrade to v1.6.2, cannot downgrade to v1.6.0; and some reports in v1.6.1 do not work for me

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

fjcmurphy
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

[MMEX crashes] Cannot upgrade to v1.6.2, cannot downgrade to v1.6.0; and some reports in v1.6.1 do not work for me

Post by fjcmurphy »

Hi,

I've used v1.6.0 without any problems for some time now.

I then upgraded to v1.6.1 and I can use mmex without major problems with the exception that when I try to use the monthly or yearly 'Summary of Accounts' report, then MMEX crashes on me:
(a) I've tried then to use my latest mmex db (*.mmb file) on the previous version v1.6.0 but there I get the error message that I cannot use my DB with a previous version.
(error message: "MMEX database error! MMEX database version 16 doesn't work with this MMEX version. Please upgrade MMEX to newer version.")

(b) Then I've tried to upgrade to v1.6.2, but there I get the error message that my DB cannot be opened with v1.6.2
(error message: "MMEX database upgrade to version 17 failed! Please restore DB from auto created pre-upgrade backup and retry or contact MMEX support. SQL logic error [1]: error in view Lie: no such table: main.alldata")

Can anyone please help me how to preceed to either fix the reporting issue in v1.6.1 or that I can open my DB in v1.6.2?

Thank you!

Regards,
Frank
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: [MMEX crashes] Cannot upgrade to v1.6.2, cannot downgrade to v1.6.0; and some reports in v1.6.1 do not work for me

Post by MartinArmstrong »

@fjcmurphy Please see https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5443

@whall3y could you confirm please whether the debug script included in that issue will deal with view 'Lie'? I don't think we have seen that one before.
fjcmurphy
Senior MMEX User

Re: [MMEX crashes] Cannot upgrade to v1.6.2, cannot downgrade to v1.6.0; and some reports in v1.6.1 do not work for me

Post by fjcmurphy »

Thanks.

Case A:
I've applied the debug file on v1.6.2 when using my DB. Result:
1. MMEX debug (window): "DB maintenance completed, please close and re-open MMEX!" [progress compared to before]
2. Open MMEX (v1.6.2) using the 'last opened DB' option:
error message: "MMEX database upgrade to version 17 failed! Please restore DB from auto created pre-upgrade backup and retry or contact MMEX support. SQL logic error [1]: error in view Lie: no such table: main.alldata"

=> Result: no difference

Case B:
I've opened my DB in v1.6.1 and used the debug file under Tools > Database > Database Debug.
=> Result: no difference [MMEX crashes]

Case C:
I've opened my DB in v1.6.1 and checked if there are any Categories which are duplicates (ignoring case sensitivity)
=> Result: no difference [MMEX crashes]

Is there anything you want me to do?

Thanks for your help.
fjcmurphy
Senior MMEX User

Post by fjcmurphy »

@MartinArmstrong would you be able to point me in the direction, what options I have? thank you.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

The solution was: viewtopic.php?t=10776
Renato Forum Administrator