Verify transfer operation

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to MMEX

Moderator: Renato

frankieorabona
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Verify transfer operation

Post by frankieorabona »

I think the transfer needs to be revised slightly.
Let me explain. I started a new database starting from scratch.
As someone suggested, I downloaded csv files from all my current accounts, and imported them.

I have 4 accounts in particular, two main and two term accounts, where I move my cash, both for personal savings and to set aside something for my childrens.
Sometimes I also make transfers between the two main accounts as well.

So as I said I imported all the transactions of the accounts. Now I am sorting them by also entering the categories (at least the ones for the last month).
however I am experiencing a problem.

From my main account I have been transferring 50 euros monthly into a term account.
If I categorize the transaction made from my main account to the term account, MMEX automatically creates a new entry for me, with another entry also of 50 euros. Obviously in this way I do not find my account balance no longer aligned with reality
For your understanding I post pictures, before and after the transfer.
As you can verify before the transfer the balance is 1855.67. The incoming entry is from December 23 with ID 5065. ( highlighted in green transaction id 5065).
before transfer.jpg
before transfer.jpg (26.51 KiB) Viewed 5992 times

If I set up the transfer from my main account, I will get a new entry that increases my balance by the amount transferred (in this case 50 euros).
The new balance will be 1905.67. And as you can see transaction 5044 has been added. (but it was supposed to link in this case the transaction with id 5065 and not create a new one)
after transfer.jpg
after transfer.jpg (26.18 KiB) Viewed 5992 times

The suggestion might be that when you select a transfer, and once you select the account, (where the expense or income is) MMEX does a check of an amount already in the incoming account ( or outgoing account depending on which account you are adding the transfer from), it would list these items (obviously with opposite transaction), and allow you to choose a transaction. Once the choice is made, the two transactions should be linked and be seen as one transaction.

I think the transfer needs to be revised slightly.
Let me explain. i started a new database starting from scratch.
As someone suggested, I downloaded csv files from all my current accounts, and imported them.

I have 4 accounts in particular, two main and two term accounts, where I move my cash, both for personal savings and to set aside something for my children.
Sometimes I also make transfers between the two main accounts as well.

So as I said I imported all the transactions of the accounts. Now I am sorting them by also entering the categories (at least the ones for the last month).
I am experiencing a problem, however.

From my main account I have been transferring 50 euros monthly into a term account.
If I categorize the transaction made from my main account to the term account, MMEX automatically creates a new entry for me, with another entry also of 50 euros. Obviously in this way I do not find my account balance no longer aligned with reality
For your understanding I post pictures, before and after the transfer.
As you can verify before the transfer the balance is 1855.67. The incoming entry is from December 23 with ID 5065. ( highlighted in green transaction id 5065).
If I set up the transfer from my main account, I will get a new entry that increases my balance by the amount transferred (in this case 50 euros).
The new balance will be 1905.67. And as you can see transaction 5044 has been added. (but it was supposed to link in this case the transaction with id 5065 and not create a new one)

The suggestion might be that when you select a transfer, and once you select the account, (where the expense or income is) MMEX does a check of an amount already in the incoming account ( or outgoing account depending on which account you are adding the transfer from), it would list these items (obviously with opposite transaction), and allow you to choose a transaction. Once the choice is made, the two transactions should be linked and be seen as one transaction.

Do you have any solutions for handling these transfers properly? (Short of manually deleting the extra transaction)
dbolton
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Verify transfer operation

Post by dbolton »

My current workaround is to not use the built-in "Transfer" type, just leave as "Withdrawal"/"Deposit". However, to label them I use a category called "Transaction."