Future transactions invisible in only one account

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Dicksonap
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Future transactions invisible in only one account

Post by Dicksonap »

In all but one bank account, a future transaction (eg payment on a credit card due in 2 weeks) appears at the top of the transactions list but is greyed out. In one account, future transactions vanish form that account listing. Do the transactions exist? Yes. If I select "All Transactions" in the Home Page, they are there at the top of the list, greyed out. In the case of a credit card future payment, it appears, greyed out, in the card account and I can edit it there, but it is not visible in the bank account. Did I turn something off? Invoke an option? Can't solve this one.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Future transactions invisible in only one account

Post by Renato »

which MMEX version and operating system you are using. ??
you have set "ignore futures transaction" ??
Probably a screenshot would be helpful to understand the problem.
Renato Forum Administrator
Dicksonap
New MMEX User

Post by Dicksonap »

I'm on an older iMac with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) using MMEX 1.6.2 64 bit, although the problem was the same in versions 1.5.21 and 1.6.1. I updated to see if the problem would go away.
I have not selected "ignore future transactions" and had not applied any Transaction Filters to any account.

I just fixed part of the problem today by accidentally clicking on the rectangular icon to the left of the account number in the Home Page. Doing that brought out the future payment to a credit card in another of my accounts. The 2 remaining invisible future payments are to outside payees - property taxes. They remain invisible except if I select "All Transactions".

I don't know what the icon is for. It seems to be inactive now and in all the other accounts, so I don't know why the one hidden transaction appeared.
Dicksonap
New MMEX User

Post by Dicksonap »

Problem solved. The future transactions were not showing up because I had selected "View last 12 months" for that account and the future payments were outside that calendar. The one that suddenly appeared today was for a payment in February, so as of Feb 1, it appeared as par of the "last 12 months". The property tax payments were not until March and May, so were invisible until I put on "View all transactions".
Valuable lesson learned for me. I don't like to view all transactions all the time because sometimes I sort by payee or by category or even withdrawal or deposit to find information, and the list is very long because I have data back to 2014. But the option "last 12 months" has the limitation that I just got stuck on and I can't think of another View option that would be satisfactory.

Thank you for the time spent on this query. The problem is solved.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

thank you for the feedback
Renato Forum Administrator