How to control impulse purchases?

Practical tips to manage your personal finance effectively. Please share your suggestions with mmex community.

Moderator: Renato

Nikolay
MMEX Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

How to control impulse purchases?

Post by Nikolay »

"$ 100" - if your spontaneous purchase is more this amount, use the rule that for every $ 100 value of things wait 1 day before buying. That is, If you are very much wanted to buy the MP3 player for $ 300, before the purchase wait 3 days: you may change their plans.
jeff123
New MMEX User

Re: How to control impulse purchases?

Post by jeff123 »

You are saying true things but i think when you like something you must buy it.This rule apply where person has no as such need he just want to spend his money, but in the situation when you are crazy for something you never wait you just save money for that and buy that thing whether it is on high price or on low price.
Kuznec
New MMEX User

Post by Kuznec »

To buy a player for $ 300, you need a few months to think, or rather collect money.
AnnaLou
New MMEX User

Post by AnnaLou »

And I sometimes purposely leave my wallet at home. It helps! Or I just take a veeery small amount of money with me, just to afford coffee, not more.
DebraCoffey
New MMEX User

Post by DebraCoffey »

AnnaLou wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:16 pmAnd I sometimes purposely leave my wallet at home. It helps! Or I just take a veeery small amount of money with me, just to afford coffee, not more.
And do not forget to delete the configured payment application for contactless payments on your smartphone.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

DebraCoffey wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:52 pm
AnnaLou wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:16 pmAnd I sometimes purposely leave my wallet at home. It helps! Or I just take a veeery small amount of money with me, just to afford coffee, not more.
And do not forget to delete the configured payment application for contactless payments on your smartphone.
"Smartphone", get back to basics with a Nokia 3310 and stop with the luxuries Debra ! :lol:

Welcome to the forum BTW, and thanks for the posts.