Opening Error

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

russgaizley
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Opening Error

Post by russgaizley »

Hi Guys. I wonder if anyone can help. I recently upgraded to Win7 64 bit v 1.6.2 and I got an error when opening one of my databases
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.23 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Another smaller database opened without problems.
I have just upgraded to Win7 64 v 1.6.3 and the same problem exists. I use Money Manager EX for Android on my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone during daily use (v. 2018 02.26.981) and it uploads to the cloud (Dropbox) for synchronizing the data with the Win PC program. This has no problems. I mainly use the desktop version for reconciling against bank statements etc and for preparing and analyzing reports. I attach a screenshot of what backup files also exist on my laptop. Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue as I dont want to start again if possible as I have records going back over 4 years and if this was the case I cannot see a way of exporting the data from the Android phone version to a PC (as perhaps a CSV data file etc.). Any ideas and thanks in advance?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.23 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (94.53 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Opening Error

Post by Renato »

There are several issues addressed there.
The most important point is, see: viewtopic.php?p=23468
If again you have access to the data, you should check the currencies, probably there is the same currency in upper and lower case.
Maybe a search in the forum would be worthwhile to learn a bit more about it.
Renato Forum Administrator
russgaizley
New MMEX User

Post by russgaizley »

Thanks for the advice Renato. I am not that tech savvy so am a bit confused as to what to search for in the forums. Any directions or pointers would be gratefully received. Thank you.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

If you read here: viewtopic.php?p=23468

Then they find the solution, if you need more help, please get in touch.
Renato Forum Administrator
nstein
MMEX Developer

Post by nstein »

In the upgrade to database version 15 the CURRENCY_TYPE field is added to the CURRENCYFORMATS_V1 table. The error you are seeing is "duplicate column name CURRENCY_TYPE" which means your database is already upgraded to version 15, but for some reason the user_version of your database is not updated properly and the system is attempting to upgrade it again.

We can provide a debug file to finish the V15 update properly, but note that as Renato mentioned you won't be able to open your DB in the Android app once it is updated.