Categories

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

dukedc
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Categories

Post by dukedc »

I just downloaded the new version of the software. I see there are now colors that can be assigned to transactions. I was wondering if a color can be assigned to a category automatically? I didn't see that as an option so i wanted to check to make sure I just didn't miss it somewhere.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Categories

Post by MartinArmstrong »

dukedc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:27 pm I just downloaded the new version of the software. I see there are now colors that can be assigned to transactions. I was wondering if a color can be assigned to a category automatically? I didn't see that as an option so i wanted to check to make sure I just didn't miss it somewhere.
The ability to assign colours to transactions has been present in MMEX for years. It's not a new feature.

Here's some information that may be useful to you:

1. You can assign a colour to a single transaction by editing the transaction and clicking on the Colour button.

2. You can do the same for multiple transactions at once by selecting them, then right click Edit Transactions, then tick the Colour box and select the colour.

3. Alternatively you can set the colour directly by selecting the transaction(s) and pressing CTRL+1 to CTRL+7 to set colour 1 through 7. Press CTRL+0 to clear the colour.

It's not possible to associate a colour with a category such that it is applied automatically to transactions with that category, however it is easy to filter the transaction list, using 'View with Transaction Filter', to display only those transactions that have particular categories. Then select them all using CTRL+A and set the colour using CTRL+1..7