Credit Card Type account

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

michielc123
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Credit Card Type account

Post by michielc123 »

Hi all,

Just a little question as I am trying to figure out how the credit card account type is working.
In the account options you can set a next payment date but what is that used for?

Everything paid with the credit card is paid at the end of the month so I am looking for a way to automatically balance that account every month.
Can that be done in some way?

Thanks for the info or help.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Credit Card Type account

Post by MartinArmstrong »

michielc123 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:10 am In the account options you can set a next payment date but what is that used for?
The fields on the Edit Account | Credit tab are for reference only. They are just a place to record in MMEX account related information.

Everything paid with the credit card is paid at the end of the month so I am looking for a way to automatically balance that account every month.
Can that be done in some way?
There is no facility to do this. The amount you need to pay will depend on the exact date purchases made with a credit card hit the 'real world' account and the number of weeks of free credit before payment is needed.

For background on how best to handle transfers (i.e. payments) to credit card accounts, please see these answers in these two questions:

viewtopic.php?p=23710

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/3436