MoneyManagerEx Notifier

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

intcooper
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MoneyManagerEx Notifier

Post by intcooper »

Hi all,
I have been using MMEx for almost 15 years, and without any doubt, it is the best personal finance application I have ever used. Surely, it has everything I need for my home accounting.
More recently, I started using the recurring transaction functionality more: I create one for any recurring expense or event related to my finance; I even create zero-amount items that serve as a reminder - having everything in one place is priceless.
However, as I open MMEx only a couple of times a month to insert the expenses and balance the accounts, I soon felt the need to be reminded of the upcoming recurrences a few days in advance without opening MMEx.

Therefore, I wrote a small Windows application to solve the problem: it starts at Windows logon and shows a toast notification if any recurring transaction expires in the next few days; clicking on the toast shows a window with some details of the transactions.
I published it on Github and will gladly appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Before adding the link, I ask permission as I do not know if the forum rules prohibit external links.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: MoneyManagerEx Notifier

Post by MartinArmstrong »

intcooper wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:46 pm Therefore, I wrote a small Windows application to solve the problem: it starts at Windows logon and shows a toast notification if any recurring transaction expires in the next few days; clicking on the toast shows a window with some details of the transactions.

I published it on Github and will gladly appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Before adding the link, I ask permission as I do not know if the forum rules prohibit external links.
That sounds great.

Please feel free to post the link.
intcooper
New MMEX User

Re: MoneyManagerEx Notifier

Post by intcooper »

Thank you, Martin.

MMExNotifier is available at:
https://github.com/intcooper/MMExNotifier