mmex suddenly close after created new database

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

birdnes
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

mmex suddenly close after created new database

Post by birdnes »

Hello.. I have tried to install mmex on windows 11 , all releases. I can install 1.5.13 and it work. After that mmex close just after make a new database. Have tried win 10 and 11, same happens to all. Maube i do something wrong but its not working.
I run Windows 11 64 bit, but have tried win 10 64 bit too. I hope someone can tell me what im doing wrong
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Re: mmex suddenly close after created new database

Post by MartinArmstrong »

MMEX 1.5.13 is ancient. There have been 10 releases of MMEX since then.

The current version is 1.6.3 (and 1.6.4 is due to be released fairly soon). All work OK on Win 10 and Win 11.

Are you saying that if you install 1.6.3 and create a new database that MMEX crashes (you used the word "closes")? Does it produce a crash report file?

Also, where are you downloading MMEX from please?

We need some additional information on what is happening with 1.6.3 to help you.

Once that problem is solved, we can help with upgrading any previous MMEX database you were using.
birdnes
New MMEX User

Post by birdnes »

MoneyManagerEx.xml
dump file
(19.84 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
MoneyManagerEx.xml
dump file
(19.84 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
I meant mmex 1.5.13 are the only version that works on my pc, all after that just close mmex

as soon i have made database it close ( from 1.5.14 to 1.6.3 )

Im downloading from https://moneymanagerex.org/

i can install and everything is fine , when i make database it suddenly close/crash.

No message from mmex it just close

it is 1.6.3 that crash/close

I tried to make a video but was 84 Mb big
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Do you still have the video or could you record another then send it via https://wetransfer.com/ and send it to martin [at] tactilis [dot] co [dot] uk

I'll report here anything useful that I see.

If you don't get an email option on WeTransfer then click the (...) button on the Upload files page and choose 'Send email transfer'.
birdnes
New MMEX User

Post by birdnes »

MartinArmstrong wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:34 pm Do you still have the video or could you record another then send it via https://wetransfer.com/ and send it to martin [at] tactilis [dot] co [dot] uk

I'll report here anything useful that I see.

If you don't get an email option on WeTransfer then click the (...) button on the Upload files page and choose 'Send email transfer'.
video sendt to you
birdnes
New MMEX User

Post by birdnes »

It has to be some settings in windows that make this happen. Maybe regional settings, date or something.

I see now if i try to download currency and stock rates mmex crash with error log

Same happens if i try to open theme manager, it crash with error log

mmex 1.6.3
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Thanks for the video.

I'm going to raise an issue to track this but I have a few questions first:

1. The .xml crash dump file shows that you are running 1.6.3 from "C:\Program Files\Money Manager EX\bin\mmex.exe", so I assume that you used the installer to install MMEX (i.e you are not using the portable version). Correct?

2. Your video shows that you are creating the database in a folder "...\mmex-1.6.4-Beta.4-...\bin", where you have several other .mmb database files. I can't see the full folder path but I assume this an installation of the portable version of MMEX where you were trying out 1.6.4 Beta 4. Correct?

3. Where is the folder at 2 located please? Is it 'C:\Users\robert\Documents\..." ?
birdnes
New MMEX User

Post by birdnes »

MartinArmstrong wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 pm Thanks for the video.

I'm going to raise an issue to track this but I have a few questions first:

1. The .xml crash dump file shows that you are running 1.6.3 from "C:\Program Files\Money Manager EX\bin\mmex.exe", so I assume that you used the installer to install MMEX (i.e you are not using the portable version). Correct?

Thats correct

2. Your video shows that you are creating the database in a folder "...\mmex-1.6.4-Beta.4-...\bin", where you have several other .mmb database files. I can't see the full folder path but I assume this an installation of the portable version of MMEX where you were trying out 1.6.4 Beta 4. Correct?

Thats correct, but i have tried several places for the database file with same results.

3. Where is the folder at 2 located please? Is it 'C:\Users\robert\Documents\..." ?

C:\Users\robert\Downloads
this problem start with mmex 1.5.14, mmex 1.5.13 working fine. There have to be some changes made in 1.5.14 for this problem to start.

My windows 11 are using norwegian settings
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Here's the issue to track this problem https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5852
yngvar
New MMEX User

Post by yngvar »

I have just the same problem with all versions after 1.5.13.
Reported the problem in february, but it looks that it won't be a solution in the 1.6.4 update, as it got a "wontfix"-tag and now is placed under v1.6.5- milestone.

Here's the issue https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/5852

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with norwegian settings.