Newbie question re paycheck entry

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Nate627
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Newbie question re paycheck entry

Post by Nate627 »

Hi all, please forgive me if this has been explained, I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I have been using MMEX for about a month after migrating from Quicken after many years. So far I'm starting to get the hang of it, but is there a better way to set up my paycheck? I do not get a set amount for every check, it can vary widely depending on overtime and bonuses. In Quicken it was easy to set up a check and edit the amounts each time but I think I may be missing something in MMEX. Is there a better way than simply setting up a deposit with a lot of split categories? Between taxes, deductions, and multiple different income lines I have 30+ categories to enter.

Thanks!
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Newbie question re paycheck entry

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Sorry for the long delay in replying.

You could set up a Recurring Transaction for the date you get paid, repeating monthly, with all the Split Categories names (Salary, Overtime, Bonus, Tax, etc) pre-entered - but with Amounts of 1.00. When the Recurring Transaction fires you can enter the amounts.

You could experiment with a dummy transaction recurring on a daily basis (with just a couple of splits) to test that you have it working OK.
Attachments
Recurring Deposit.png
Recurring Deposit.png (96.74 KiB) Viewed 499 times