Transaction Report - Checkboxes for Category Dropdown

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to MMEX

Moderator: Renato

Moggie
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Transaction Report - Checkboxes for Category Dropdown

Post by Moggie »

I am coming from AceMoney and, after looking at the competition, have concluded that Money Manager Ex is by far the best personal financial software.

However, there seems to be one glaring gap in the Transaction Report feature. The Transaction Filter window does not allow more than one Category to be selected from the interface. (I realise that you can separate categories with a pipe character, but that becomes very difficult and time consuming when you need to include many categories in a Transaction Report.)

So... would it be possible for the Transaction Filter > Category dropdown to show the list of categories, but each with its own checkbox, just like how the Transaction Filter > Account dropdown list is implemented?
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Transaction Report - Checkboxes for Category Dropdown

Post by Renato »

Renato Forum Administrator
Wirmike
Super MMEX User

Re: Transaction Report - Checkboxes for Category Dropdown

Post by Wirmike »

I agree, A good idea.
I was going to suggest something along this line - that would have been a check-box to “Include all Other Categories” in a Xaction Report in addition to the one that was specifically selected. So for example: Xactions for Category A would report those that included Category A and Category(Other/s>.
But this suggestion goes further and I think has greater possibilities.
I am one of those people that really needs to gets to grips w/- the GRM - but I really do not have the time! This seems a relatively simple and elegant solution that resides entirely w/in MMEX - adding to its credentials!
I really would welcome it.
Regards