APP ANDROID 2023.12.27.1007 SYNC DROPBOX

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

alegiamma
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

APP ANDROID 2023.12.27.1007 SYNC DROPBOX

Post by alegiamma »

The new android application has the same problems as the old one: database synchronization with Dropbox has some unresolved problems.
I have read other posts from users in other topics and the issue seems to be unresolved.
When I open the *.mmb file from the app, add a transaction, click the sync button, I get the error message "Conflict! Both files have been modified."
I have been using the Desktop version since 2016 and the Android application was very good until the end of 2018.
Will there ever be a solution?
:?:
-------------
guanlisheng
Developer

Re: APP ANDROID 2023.12.27.1007 SYNC DROPBOX

Post by guanlisheng »

Hi @alegiamma, thank you for sharing some basic stats of your mmex (both desktop and android).

in terms of conflict, it might be hard to 100% avoid if you don't sync the change in time, saying both desktop and Android modified the database file "concurrently". we expect the changes (incl. sync) to be in sequence mode.

once conflicts happen, here are some migration suggestions
1. if you think the files on Dropbox are correct, you can open the database file again to override the local one in Android
2. and vice versa, you can export to Dropbox from Android to override the one in Dropbox (Settings -> Database -> Export database).
3. there is no transaction-level conflict solver yet as the database file is just a regular file in Dropbox and other cloud storage.
alegiamma
New User

Post by alegiamma »

Hi @guanlisheng ,
i have never expected simultaneous synchronization.
I always opened and edited the *.mmb file from my Android phone when it was already loaded from my desktop PC.
The solution you propose in point 2 is not convenient but it works, by changing the name of the file.
The "sync" button, if it works, is very useful because it overwrites the *.mmb file automatically in the source directory. Without doing "Settings -> Database -> Export database".
Too bad it doesn't work.
-------------
guanlisheng
Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

It works… just need to sync them in time no matter manually or automatically via an extra app open.

in your case, the conflict should be caused by the simultaneous synchronization. #1 and #2 are to solve conflict in your specific case, not for regular synchronization.
guanlisheng
Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

hi @alegiamma ,
i just addressed an edge case and fixed it in v2024.01.05.1010, can you have a look?