[SOLVED] Synchronisation across Android and Windowes

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

Bobb
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

[SOLVED] Synchronisation across Android and Windowes

Post by Bobb »

For the last three years or so I have used Version 2019.01.09.989 for Android on two devices and a compatable Windows version on my laptop without any issues, using Onedrive. Synching from android was almost instant and MMEX even notified when the changed in accounts had been synched to the cloud.
In settings there was a SYNCHRONIZATION tab which enabled me to adjust the synchronization frequency whilst using the app from every 5 minutes and up, to upload the database to the cloud storage, or download from cloud storage, and to synch on startup.

I was VERY pleased to see somebody had taken up the mantle of updating MMEX which I have used in its various forms for 8 years overall.

Unfortunately I find the new versions have lost the real benefits of almost instant sychronization, and frequenty fail to synchonisze and often return an error message "Conflict! Both files have been modified"

I use MMEX daily both at home on my laptop, and whilst travelling on android devices and now find I often have to manually update one or other of devices. I often save files usinmg current date to ensure I know which file is current.

Sorry I'm a dedicated user, and have no skills to aid developement.

Can synchronization be improved??
guanlisheng
Developer

Re: Synchronisation across Android and Windowes

Post by guanlisheng »

Hey Bobb,

Thanks for using MMEX.
Today, sync manually and on startup are in place while periods syncing is still missing.

and this topic reminds me your previous one synching or not
guanlisheng
Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

hi @Bobb

can you help to verify this package, this might be what you wanted.
Bobb
New User

Post by Bobb »

Hello guanlisheng,
I've seen the update Android update 2024.01.10 (1011) on Facebook and downloaded it.
I couple of issues initially but seems to be cured after rebooting my phone.

First response, very happy with the software, a credit to you and other developers - Thank you.

I have noticed a couple of differences between Android and Windows apps, and terminology affects how entries in accounts are displayed, if at all.

Windows version 1.7.0 64 bit
Account types available

Cash
Checking
Credit card
Loan
Term
Asset
Shares

Android 2024.01.10 (1011)
Account types available

Cash
Checking
Investment
Term
Credit card
Loan
Shares

In the Windows version I have listed my house under assets,. and I can see the entry in Account view. However, on Dashboard viw Assets are '0'

When I open the updated file created in Windows, in the Android version the Account House appears as an asset in Home (Dashboard), but when I open the account I don't get the details of the asset, it opens one of my Bank Accounts. I assume its an issue with the links between Asset and Investment etc.,
Bobb
New User

Post by Bobb »

Oh! Donate link in Android app doesn't work.
guanlisheng
Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

thanks for pointing it out. it is not working now and we expect to polish it as checking for updates.

Please share it with more guys if think it helps.